Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

No backlinks from AMA

green6771
Trust:

No backlinks from AMA

Hi Guys,

I have been using AMA for a few months now. I have had about 15 articles written which I have then spun according to the guidelines. The articles have each been published about 70-75 times and the acceptance rate is about 95-100% so the content appears OK.

The problem is that according to SEO Quake, I have only 6 links (and all of these are internal except for one from this forum where I asked someone to review my site). Effectively, I have no backlinks. What is going on here and how do I get these links?? Is there something wrong with AMA? I don't want to waste money if it's not working.

Cheers,
Jesse
faradina
Trust:
Hi Jesse,

Are you checking your backlinks on google? Google does not always show you your backlinks and when it chooses to do so, it probably would not show them all.
Why not try checking your backlinks on yahoo? Go to yahoo search and type in

link:http://yourdomain.com

(replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain) and see what yahoo comes up with.
For more information about the link search commands, you can go to http://www.searchcommands.com/link/
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I had the same problem with AMA. i used it for several months. it helped with quick rankings, but usually after a couple of months you have to start over.

there are 2 huge problems with a blog network like AMA.
most of the blogs no follow their archives, so after a couple of months, your articles disapear, and the links are never seen again.

next, most of the blogs never see the light of day. They are not promoted, and never see any traffic. The search engines have learned this, and will ignore the links on those sites, making them worthless for your seo.

personally, i have found I get better results with bookmarking sites. i get better traffic, it is faster, and if you get on some "do follow" bookmarking sites, you can build page rank quickly.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

volkan
Trust:
I don't know how it works but some of the blogs that my articles are posted sends a ping back with it's URL. So i get that URL and ping it with pingomatic to help google find that blog/post.
But i never thought of no follow archive thingy.. Speaking about wordpress, is it nofollow-archive by default?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
wp automaticall sets archives to no follow, and it automatically archives posts more than a month old.

you can over ride this with the platinum seo plug in. once you install the plugin, go to the platinum seo settings page, and change the settings to no archive, and to index/nofollow for your posts.

archive is for posts though, if you are setting up pages, they wont be affected.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

green6771
Trust:
Hi there guys,
I checked yahoo as you suggested and found there were 3 links. 1 from this forum and 2 internal. A bit unhappy with AMA. Not sure what to do. Does Mark use this??
Cheers, Jesse
kvgadams
Trust:
I would also like to know the answer to this question.
Kathy
faradina
Trust:
Well, I am not Mark :) but I use AMA. And I am happy with it.

The thing with search engines, as has been mentioned before on the Affilorama forum, is that they do not always show you your backlinks even if they know about them. And when they choose to show backlinks, they certainly do not show all of them.

What I had done to see if AMA was effective was to conduct a test. I submitted some articles which had links to certain articles on my site. And the articles on my site allowed pingbacks. Only the articles on AMA had backlinks to these particular articles on my site. I found that pingbacks came in regularly, meaning that my articles were indeed being published on blogs and these blogs were pinging back my site (through the backlinks embedded in the articles submitted to AMA).

The pingbacks come only from sites where pingback is enabled, so if there are sites that do not have it enabled who publish my articles as well, it means that there are more sites at which I have backlinks than what I see through the pingbacks.

That's how I know that I have backlinks generated through my AMA article submissions.

Of course, it also comes down to personal experience and preferences. if you are not happy with a certain service, it is your option to get another one or eliminate it altogether. But I would advise you to conduct tests to see what's working for you and what's not.

I hope that helps :)
jraby3
Trust:
I haven't tried using AMA yet aside from spinning articles. Waiting for ezine to approve a few of my articles before I distribute spun versions everywhere else. But I've heard good things about Unique Article Wizard (similar to AMA) and Offshore Ally (outsourced link building and article marketing in India). Both of these services are comparable in price to AMA but may give you better results.

This topic was started on Jun 07, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.