Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

New to AM, Wondering About Link Building

bobby.ashhurst
Trust:

New to AM, Wondering About Link Building

So I've spent the last week or so watching webinars, reading forums and articles and taking notes. I'm blown away at the information I've learned and realized my friends who actually have their own eBooks and do this stuff have done a terrible job explaining this business to me. There clearly seems to be a specific process to all of this. I understand that you create a site named after your selected keyword, fill your site with relevant articles and product reviews with your affiliate links embedded in them and then post unique articles on directory sites that link back to your site. Here's what I'm wondering:

1. Do you post the original article on your site and then spin them to post on directories?
2. How many times should you spin and post each article?
3. In the directory posted articles am I linking back to my sites homepage, a product review page, etc?
4. What is the most number of back linked articles you should post in a single day without being penalized by Google?
5. I am considered a "fitness personality" (this fitness industry pays sh!@#y btw) and have a website already where I offer online training and post my blogs. The niche is tiny. Is it a good idea to post these reviews on my existing site or create a website just for the affiliate stuff?

Thanks,

Bobby

I'm on a tight budget and intend on doing most of the work myself to begin. Any input would be
Site Admin
maryt
Trust:
Hi Bobby,

You are on the right track. :) Just keep on going and yes ask more questions so you can understand things better.

For your questions:

1. Do you post the original article on your site and then spin them to post on directories?
- Yes. Always post original and unique article to your website. And yes, you can spin these articles to post on article directory sites. However, when spinning, make sure that you spin your content with at least 50% uniqueness (this measures how "different" your spun content is compared to the previous article)

2. How many times should you spin and post each article?
- You spin one article, one time and post to different directory sites. Just make sure that you produce content with at least 50% uniqueness.

3. In the directory posted articles am I linking back to my sites homepage, a product review page, etc?
- You can link back to your homepage or to any pages in your site. But make sure that you read the article directory's posting guidelines. Some sites allow you to add up to 3 links, while some only allows you to add one link.

Moreover, there are sites that allow you to link to the article body while some only allows you to put links on the author box.

4. What is the most number of back linked articles you should post in a single day without being penalized by Google?
- Actually there is no definite rule to this. You do not have to worry if you are doing backlinks manually. Also, when you post to article sites, you have to still wait for your articles to get approved. So approval takes time too and thus, getting penalized won't be a problem if you are just posting articles manually.

5. I am considered a "fitness personality" (this fitness industry pays sh!@#y btw) and have a website already where I offer online training and post my blogs. The niche is tiny. Is it a good idea to post these reviews on my existing site or create a website just for the affiliate stuff?
- If you already have an existing website, then I suggest you just monetize this website for your affiliate marketing. I cannot see why not since you already established a website. :) That would also speed things up for you since you just need to tweak a few little things like putting relevant keywords to your site, doing on-page SEO, and so on.

I hope that helps!

Mary
Not sure which Affilorama tool you need? Take the quiz! https://www.affilorama.com/redirect/quiz

Web: https://www.affilorama.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/affilorama
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~Sidhhartha Guatama

ellielee715
Trust:
Great Article! I learned a lot from your post and experiences about link building. I will be back to visit often.Thank You for sharing.
mark schaaf
Trust:
For myself I don't normally spin articles, I think out of all the articles I have done I might have spun 5 or 6. That doesn't mean I haven't written articles on the same subject but they are all a little different with a little different look at things. I do this because for some reason I don't what anyone to read any of my articles on more then one site with the exact same content. I think it makes me more creditable.

As I said I may have done something similar but different with just a little different information that way if someone reads my stuff they could learn something a little different from each article. I also don't do much typing because I got the dragon software and I just talk and the computer types what I say. I still have to go back and edit like I normally do because just because you may say something at the time that sounds great when you read it it might not. You also may want to move a paragraph in front of another because after reading the article it makes more sense to move it. I think it is more important to have good articles on real good article directories or sites then to have them all over.

Another great way to get links is to make comments on blogs and forums but they have to be relevant and should be at least a paragraph long so it makes sense and people can see that you read the article. You can't put things like nice article, or makes sense to me. Many blogs and forums you can put a link on every comment you make and some are like this site where you fill out a profile and put your url in on it.
Mark

This topic was started on Sep 21, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.