Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

New to affiliate marketing and OVERWHELMED

editor4
Trust:

New to affiliate marketing and OVERWHELMED

Hi All,

I am totally new to affiliate marketing and am confused/struggling what steps I should take next.
This is what I have done so far:

I have built my site (which was a massive task as I had never built one before, I used Joomla) and it is online and recognised by Google. My area is beauty, health & fitness, fashion aimed at women 30+

I have chosen affiliate products and have limited my website categories to 3, with multiple subcategories within each. I have about 15 articles in each category so far. The site needs more modules/plug ins to make it look more interesting...but Im getting there.

I have my facebook and twitter in place. BUT what do i do next???

How many articles should I have on my website to launch on facebook and twitter? Do I send out requests for likes and then start posting to Fb and twitter?

Do I really need to blog? (that alone is going to take a lot of time/effort)

How many products should I promote?

I have approximately 1 - 2 hrs per day, most days that I work on site etc.

Also is anyone on here from Australia? All my affiliate products ar from the USA, I would like to get some affiliate products from Australia and Asia, as I am not convinced that Aussies will want to pay the high shipping fees from the USA.

If anyone can offer some advice I would be very appreciative as when I commenced on this journey I was full of confidence and hope and now it just seems like a massive daunting task, that I dont know if I can contend with.

regards
Chrissanthy
www.celebrityglamour.com.au
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Chrissanthy,

How many articles should I have on my website to launch on facebook and twitter? Do I send out requests for likes and then start posting to Fb and twitter?

You mentioned that you have about fifteen articles under each category. If you have 3 categories, then you have about 45. That's enough for now and you can start building links to the site. Make sure you have your Facebook page and Twitter account up for your site. It's always good to start on backlinking and building followers on social sites early on so you can go ahead and get these rolling.

Do I really need to blog? (that alone is going to take a lot of time/effort)

Do you mean to create blog for your link wheel or a blog to add to your site? It it's a blog to add to your site, then what will be the blog about? Anything you want to write about your niche can be placed on your main site so you don't need to have a blog added to it. If you mean a blog for your link wheel, you can post spun articles on these blogs, so getting content for those sites should not be too difficult.

How many products should I promote?

Two to three products should be enough. You can add more later on if you wish to or replace the products with new ones.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

PremiumMember
crozza
Trust:
Crozza here. You joined August this year and have a web site already with 45 articles and products up and running already!! Magnificent effort!

You have done more than any of the other people I have seen in this forum (I haven't seen everyone though) in such a short time.

How did you do it? and If this is how you get things done then all you need to do is rinse and repeat, which is what Mark Ling preaches.

Keep up the good work
editor4
Trust:
Hi Crozza,

Wow thanks for compliment! I did a 16 hr course on website building which got me to this point, but I need to expirement more with plug ins and modules to make the site look better. Im using Joomla and not all plug ins work with your template (Im finding out the hard way).

As for the articles; I really like writing and I know about the topic, so its fairly easy. BUT i am worried for the future of the site, what could I/or will i write about in 1 - 3 yrs. Will I run out of topics? Will I just be repeating the same stuff?

I havent launched the site yet through facebook. I only have 200 friends on FB so i want to make sure it looks good before i do it as i may only get one bite of the apple. People may look at site and if its not great they may not look again. So Im taking my time with that.

Other then that I dont know if it will be a success or not.

Since starting on this venture my eye sight has gotten worse and I have a sore neck from writing at 1am in the morning!
Site Admin
maryt
Trust:
Hi editor4,

I completely agree. Choosing a niche is not only a matter of which one will bring you in money but it is also more about choosing a niche that you are interested in and has a lot of passion about.

I love your website and you really know what you are doing. While it is good to think of future plans for your website, I suggest that you focus first in promoting your website.

Besides if you are in the beauty and fashion niche, you will never run out of topics to write. In fact there are tons and tons of subject to write about like the latest make up collection, dress and good beauty tips. Also, you may try to write about certain product reviews too.

I hope that helps!

Mary
Not sure which Affilorama tool you need? Take the quiz! https://www.affilorama.com/redirect/quiz

Web: https://www.affilorama.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/affilorama
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~Sidhhartha Guatama

mark schaaf
Trust:
The most important thing I think you can do is to just stay calm. Many people starting to do this type of work see all there is to learn and almost freak out and try and learn everything at the same time. Try to get to know each aspect of what you are doing as well as you can before moving on to the next thing. Also if you are building a good sized site never but never cut any corners and put up the best articles you can. Skillfully place your keywords in your articles but not too many. make up good descriptions and meta tags for the background stuff for your web site. Doing the best you can do for all this will insure that you won't have any problems with Google. I have had my main site up for a little over 2 years and have never had any problems with Google panda or any of there updates and I think it is because I put up great articles with lots of information. I may not be selling a ton of stuff right now but I am on page one for many of my keywords and as long as I stay there I have a better chance of selling things then if I get kicked back to page 10 for something google doesn't like. So stay calm, write good articles and don't try so much that you get burnt out.
Mark

editor4
Trust:
Hi All,

Thanks all for comments and advice. Yes it is a lot to take in and learn. Just trying the right plug ins to work with my website template is a hard enough task as it is.

But I think there are a lot of opportunities out there...its just finding out what works!
PremiumMember
crozza
Trust:
Have you plugged your site into Traffic Travis? Might be a good idea, you should be able to download it from here if you dont have it.
joshjocky
Trust:
Yes of course. you need a blog or site to improve your affiliate network knowledge. As you said, you are new to affiliate marketing so its better to keep one or two products to promote at first. And 1 or 2 hour is enough if you make use of it perfectly.

This topic was started on Sep 04, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.