Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

My Site Was Hit By The Hummingbird Update

luckyphil
Trust:

My Site Was Hit By The Hummingbird Update

Well google has done it again. Another major update. I heard in the Trinity Code training that humming bird has and is going to affect 90% plus of sites. I believe I have already seen one of my sites affected (and a good site at that). From nearly 100 visits per day down to 15 to 20 visits per day.

Apparently humming bird is more of an intuitive algorithm and tries to get the meaning of the keywords on the page rather than the keywords themselves. I think google still has work to be done on this algorithm to get it working properly. Good luck everyone.
tankctrlr
Trust:
Another storm to weather, I think you are in good hands though with Aidan Booth?

In the Trinity Code training are they talking about why a good site like yours would be hit?

Sorry about your loss (seems morbid doesn't it lol), good luck everyone.
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

luckyphil
Trust:
Thanks for that. The guys doing the Trinity Code are good and at least we don't have to rely on google for traffic.
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Phil,

I'm sorry to hear your site was hit by the Hummingbird update. Has your site recovered from Hummingbird update? This update definitely changes the way Google searches for information on the net, as well as the results that is shown to the user. Long tail keywords work better now than short term ones and relevance has more weight than backlinks.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

This topic was started on Oct 10, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.