Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

My Journey With Affiloblueprint

heavysm
Trust:

My Journey With Affiloblueprint

So about a 18 months ago i started affiloblueprint knowing next to nothing about SEO and how to create my own sites. Within the past year I have taken what was taught in the blueprint and have added my own twists to fit more conventional SEO standards.

My newest site:

http://www.loseweightfastx.net/

the target keywords:

how to lose weight fast

lose weight fast

ways to lose weight fast

losing weight fast

and other variations...

Keep in mind that this site is only about 5 weeks old.

Many people try to steer away from the evergreen niches because of the competition. This is my first site in a non-obscure niche. As you can see the site only has about 6 different content pages. I am slowly adding to it, but there is no distinct number of keywords or pages i am looking at. Probably in the range of about 18-20 keywords.

In regards to backlinks, i have gone far and wide in search of the best backlink sources and types and am pretty confident in my current strategy. You need to focus on IP diversity and quality of each link. This means, whenever possible, getting homepage links from high pr (page rank) domains. Also, don't worry about the links falling from the first page. From experience Google doesn't care if the links fall or not. Sites with constant fresh content coming in have links constantly being shifted around, so links getting buried in a site are ok, so as long as they are indexed while on the homepage.

I have long since stopped using profile links and blog comments. Some may use them for good measure but their value has been greatly reduced. Contextual links in articles are some of the best links you can get. You just need to get a lot of them and/or else links on the homepage of authority sites.

Link acceleration also matters a lot. I used to create sites pumping out thousands of links within the first few weeks then i got tired. Try to spread out your links as much as you can while keeping it as consistent as possible.

SEO On-page optimization is a bit tedious and needs to be done on the first shot for best effect. By this i mean having all on-page details secured prior to building links. Each time you build a link and that link gets indexed google sees your site. You want your site to be in good working order each time it gets visited.

A larger point that wasn't clear to me early on was the word count for articles. As long as each article is uniquely written and somewhat engaging to the reader 800-1000 words is now the best range that i have seen. I have seen some of my own sites with 800+ word articles outrank sites with stronger backlinks than my own site. Ideally, the bigger and more engaging the article the better.

Well there you have it. Affiloblueprint definitely acted as the basis for my SEO journey but i have greatly increased my knowledge of SEO since i had first started. Please keep in mind that SEO is a long term strategy for traffic. You must be super patient with the entire process and keeping building quality links in order to win out overall.
anthbls
Trust:
Hello, Heavysm. I looked at your newest wieght loss site, and it looks pritty good. Good content, well ritten, well lated out. BTW, how many sites do you have? Did you have sales that met your expectations? I am looking for something, andAffiloblueprint looks good. I am disabled, living in a nursing home, so I have lotsof time to put in, but very little $$. So PPC is out of the question. I have learned a lot on this forum, also Warrior Forum to. Mark's info is very good. I would like to know about your progress with Affiloblueprint and Affilorama. Talk to you later, Anthbls
elizar615
Trust:
hi, yeah.. the site looks good! Im one of those folks that is afraid to take these kind of niche because of competition.. but of course you are right, there are some part of it we can target.
Feasible Business Model - Create $20/day niche website with 'money words' that are extremely easy to rank for (Web2.0 profiles, Forum Profiles and Articles for Directories is all you need in a scheduled submission! Niche Profit Shortcut is what it's called.. then repeat 10 times! (that's $200/day!) only at

http://www.nicheproftclassroom.com/ - by Adam Short.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bloggingparents.com/
-------------------------

heavysm
Trust:
SEO is costly because of the time needed but in the long run its great. I am now looking for other ways to drive traffic to my sites for long term income. To be honest the SEO that is taught in the blueprint is now a little understated than what i have implemented in my best sites. There is a list of about a dozen small factors that i go through with each of my sites and of those factors affiloblueprint covers maybe 3 or 4 of them, so there is a lot of room for improvement.

I only have 5 sites in total, two being amazon affiliate sites, 2 being smaller niche sites promoting one type of product aimed at one keyword and this site. The core concept from affiloblueprint that is very valuable is the idea of creating a site with lots of easy/medium competition keywords that you can rank. This snow balls for your site overall giving you thousands of hits per month. This is sort of the approach i am using with this current site. So for the money, yes this is a very good course since it is geared toward newbies, but there are other more advanced forms of SEO that need to be implemented for a site to be really successful that aren't touched in the blueprint.

Send me a personal message and ill send you over some material from my archives that have helped me greatly.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Your site looks great :) Adding more high quality content and interesting articles would show visitors and search engines that your site is of value.

I also suggest that you try to find a unique angle for your niche (ie how to lose weight fast after pregnancy, how to lose weight fast for teenagers). Your keywords also lack variation and a sense of urgency so adding words such as "now" and "right away" will get your prospects to take action.

You could also remove the links to the contact, privacy and terms and condition pages from your top menu and move them to your footer so that you could add more categories to your top menu without it appearing to be too crowded.

Hope that helps!
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

heavysm
Trust:
I plan for the site to have hundreds of pages now targeting all aspects of the niche. It won't just be targeting narrow subjects but everything in-between. I have seen many strategies that uphold creating dozens of affiliate sites for different keywords within a niche. Why not just make a general site with a load of hot articles on really big issues within the niche? Google now rewards older aged sites a little more than newer sites so I know in the long run having an aged authority site will win out.

Now i am also looking into free traffic strategies that don't involve SEO. Once i get some workable information I'll share what I find =)
onlycubs
Trust:
nice site
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi heavysm,

It's been a while since your last post. How are you and your site doing? Were you able to find free traffic strategies that did not involve SEO?

Hope to hear from you soon.
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

heavysm
Trust:
Since weight loss is actually a niche im not really into i decided to sell the website. The new owner has since changed the layout of the site.

I now actually have a larger authority site with growing pr that is ranking for all sorts of keywords of all competition levels. If anyone has questions about SEO just post it here and I'll try to provide a decent answer.
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi heavysm,

Great to hear from you! :)

I'm sorry to hear you sold the site, though. I hope you got a good price for it.

Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

This topic was started on Oct 29, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.