Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

My Experience with AMAutomation (1 Month)

bernard_r
Trust:

My Experience with AMAutomation (1 Month)

OK guys, I'm going to share my opinion about AMAutomation.

2 months ago I sent like 7-8 articles to EzineArticles and I got around 100 visits. I stopped doing that and I thoght to give a try to AMA to see the results.

I hired a professional Spinner to spin 30 articles for 2 different websites. I signed up to AMA and starting sending every article spin. In a week I had already 15 articles in the system.

What are the results?

- the articles are sent like 1-3 per day, not bad because I didn't want too many links too fast
- I started receiving 10 pingbacks every single day
- The traffic to my website droped drastically (I stopped every other method of link building to test this)
- Traffic Travis doesn't even show those links (the number of incoming links hasn't changed). Maybe the links are not indexed.
- None of my pages are listed in the SERPs
- In one niche the articles were published around 30 times. In the other around 80.

My conclusion:
- AMA is OK if you want to build some links for one month, but definetly not worth the $69 per month just to create junky links to your pages. There are other amazing tools out there that will assist you for less than that (1 time payment) and that you have more control over.
- In my opinion it is overpriced.
- I think those links are not good for tier 1. I'm trying with high PR web 2.0 sites now (trusted by Google) and that I have full control over (I can can also create tier 2 links pointing to them).
- We need to focus only on getting links from high PR pages or at least links from high PR sites
- Affilorama gets comissions from AMA. Remind that.
- Keep learning as I'm doing. We'll get there but no how we've been told. Learn from the very best link builders in the world.
Last edited by bernard_r on 10 Oct 13 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bernard_r
Trust:
Look at the number of backlinks to my internal pages. All of the articles were published to the AMA network around 30 times each.

...and I'm sure those links are junky links, what a waste of time, money and effort!
tankctrlr
Trust:
Thanks for this case study, very good info! it proves again that it's quality not quantity of the links that gives better rankings (along with all the other on-page, off-page factors too).

A question, are you saying you are going to try AMA on your 2nd tier sites? What makes you think that it will do anything to them after seeing these results?

Again great info, thank you for sharing your internal data with us!
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

bernard_r
Trust:
No, I'm not using AMA anymore. I did a backlink check and dicovered that those liks are useless.

I prefer to spend my money in web 2.0 automation tools and do tiered link building.
burkhardt5
Trust:
It seems that AMA lost its remaining effectiveness as soon as the Google Panda hit. The links might get you a little direct traffic but I think that the links you get could hurt your rankings in time rather than help them.

Google can see that the link came from a network like AMA and considers it Black Hat so I stay away from ANY link building network or system.

Simply put, if it is an easy link it most likely is a poor or even bad link.

Never Give Up!!!
Paul
Paul J. Burkhardt

This topic was started on Oct 09, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.