Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

massive changes in the internet economy .. how to respond ?

chants
Trust:

massive changes in the internet economy .. how to respond ?

HI

I watched a very scary presentation the other day claiming that not only is web traffic steadily on the decline , but that Google will disappear... to sum up..

web is on the decline and will be replaced
apps replacing browsers
texts replacing emails FB replacing google

Frankly I am paralysed and dont know what to do next.

My problem is that I have invested fairly significantly in .com keyword domains with good search averages to use in the local business market and affiliate markets for the hospitality, medical industries and physical products on amazon affiliate programs.

I am relying on getting top ranking on Google to drive traffic ... but suddenly the carpet has been pulled from under my feet.

My query is ... what place will the keyword.com with a good search average have in this new internet economy. Can they be used positively in this new situation. Are WP Blogs going to become redundant?

Also how in fact will people look for local businesses and services if not through google and search engines ?

The prediction is that by 2012 , 85% of the traffic will go to only 10 websites and that we are going into the walmart era of the internet.

I'd appreciate a thoughtful response

Thanks

Chantelle
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
First of all, these kind of things are said ALL the time. Why?

One of the best things you can do to make sales is to use people's fears. IF there isn't a fear out there, then you can create one by making stuff up. this is how about 80% of the IM products out there (and almost all the myths about link building, seo, and all the other im bs) get their sales. they create fear with thinly veiled BS that isn't true, and use half researched data that focuses only on what they want instead of the reality of the situation.

Yes, google has lost popularity, and right now FB has some dominance in the online field, but you are still talking about billions of people searching the net every day for information!

people make this kind of stuff up because it make sales. right now, blogging is on the rise, and I don't see it going anywhere. However, I also don't recommend relying on ANY single source of traffic to your sites. if you want a real business, then you need to look for multiple methods of promotion. You should have a social friendly site, as well as getting good search rankings.

If you rely on Google for more than 30% of your traffic, you have given them too much control over your business. you may as well just hand all of your domains over to them,. andd let them decide if your business is worth keeping open.

although I get good search rankings, I don't rely on them for my traffic. I also look for more direct sources such as popular blogs, forums, and other websites related to my niche.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

chants
Trust:
Hi

Thanks a lot. Just wondering if you have any comments to make on investing in keyword.com domains to drive traffic on google. Quite a fe of mine have reached the top for that particular search term... which is really all i want. Does the keyword.com domain have any value for driving traffic outside of the google environment

Thanks

Chantelle
contentbyrhonda
Trust:
Chants wrote:Hi

Thanks a lot. Just wondering if you have any comments to make on investing in keyword.com domains to drive traffic on google. Quite a fe of mine have reached the top for that particular search term... which is really all i want. Does the keyword.com domain have any value for driving traffic outside of the google environment

Thanks

Chantelle

I agree with previous post that we should not Google supply all of our traffic. It should come from all ways of marketing, so that if one element disappears we will still have traffic. My personal opinion is that if you can have your keyword in the domain name it can be very helpful, but not absolutely necessary.

Just make sure that your keyword is in the post name and that way your keyword will be in the domain link as a permalink.
esolutions
Trust:
Correct James.

Actually, throughout history fear has been used to control the masses. It's not a new concept, just a bullshit one. Stop living in fear and take control of your life.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

jethro.aragon
Trust:
No one can really predict the future of the internet. Some may say that it's going to die soon, some also believes that it's not going anywhere since a lot of people right now heavily relies on the internet for information. People searching for information using the internet is actually increasing but the number of websites are also increasing. Now, it's going to be about who's website is more reliable, contains accurate information and has really good integrity.

What I suggest is for you to gather more information and educate yourself about what really is happening. What your doing right now, asking questions, is really good for you. Good for us even, so that we can share ideas and info on what really is the deal with the internet economy.

But as far as i know, the internet economy is still relatively strong. 2012 I think is still too early for Google's decline.

Have a great day!
-Jethro-

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice.”

cecille.l
Trust:
There have also been predictions circulating since 2000 that the world will come to an end in 2012. If so, then certainly Google will end in 2012 as will the rest of us. No sarcasm intended here, just driving James' point that there are enterprises and individuals that make money out of inciting fear in the masses.

FB has strong online presence, and Bing is on the rise as a popular search engine, but I doubt that they will replace or oust Google as number one. People can now access the internet through mobile phones, hence mobile marketing was born. This is another source of traffic that you may want to look at.

I think the internet economy is only bound to get bigger, with technology making the internet more accessible to individuals. I suggest you venture into other ways of getting traffic.
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

kakaboo
Trust:
Is the web now same as it was 1 year ago? No.

Is google the same as it was 1 year ago ? No.

Is affiliate marketing still the same as it was 1 year ago? No, but the basics are still the same.

Is getting a real LIFE job as easy as it was 1 year ago? Hell no!!! If it is like that offline, what makes you think it won't be the same online?

If you wan to be making a decent living online, the correct word for such a person would be "entrepreneur", and an entrepreneur moves, adapts and change with the time....
mark schaaf
Trust:
I was told by a school teacher that everyone will be using smart phones to do everything in the next 5 to 10 years but i don't believe it for a minute. Do i think i or anyone else doing any kind of research is going to sit on the couch with this little bitty thing in my hand and look for information for hours that I can't see without a magnifying glass I don't think so. The smart phones are great for on the go stuff but to do a few hours of research on anything I don't think the full sized computer is going anywhere nor will the internet or google.
Mark

aditd
Trust:
What you say might be true. However if watch other scary movies you will see that in 2012 the world will end. So why bother with all this ideas?
You will also see that the world ended many times before the final end.
But anyway if the net will only have 10 sites ... hope there are your 10 sites. Do that and all this will become from something scary to something very beautiful!
http://www.couponsitescript.com - Turnkey Affiliate Moneymaking Business

http://www.codecoupondiscount.com - Coupon Site Script in Action

This topic was started on Aug 16, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.