Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Mark Ling's Traffic Travis And Andrew Hansen's Research

amurowes
Trust:

Mark Ling's Traffic Travis And Andrew Hansen's Research

Though Traffic Travis is a great tool for sourcing for profitable keywords and quality backlinks, I could not help feeling Andrew Hansen's Keyword Research is better, faster and simpler.

Recently watched Andrew's 3 webinars with just his subscribers, Matt Carter and Mark Ling 8-10 times after downloading them all into my hard drive.

This is a replay he did with Mark Ling:
https://www.affilorama.com/videos/265553

The more I think about what Andrew Hansen says about this diagram, the more it makes sense to me about how to win the SEO game however crazy you might think I am.

Even before Google Hummingbird update, I already knew writing content related to topics rather than keywords is the way to go.

Yet when I shared with other internet marketers in Warrior Forum, no one believed me. Not even after Google Panda and Penguin update.

Don't mean to brag. But in school, I used to excel in essay writing. It is the ONLY subject I did well.

So I knew how to write naturally in right format and hit sweet spots.

With or without keyword research or backlink analysis of other competitors.

If you can provide helpful information and tips as to what people are searching for on daily basis, Google will reward you even if you do not build a SINGLE backlink.

After all, isn't that what the blogs are created for?

Putting up daily posts like how you write your diary?
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Amuro,

Thanks for sharing your insights with us! I think that writing around the target keywords is a common misconception when writing for affiliate marketing sites. The target keywords need to be optimized within your article. Thus, the target keywords are your main topic. I don't see any way you can go around it because, if you're writing an article with the target keyword "lose weight fast", then it follows your article is about how to lose weight fast. You can either share 5 tips on how to lose weight fast, or maybe talk about how difficult it is to lose weight fast, but your article will revolve around the target keyword as topic.

What I've noticed after the Hummingbird update is that long tail variations of a target keyword is much better to target rather than the short variations. Long tail variations have less monthly global search counts but they are more specific. They may not get high traffic but they are assured that the users going to their site are truly interested in the product/s.

Have a great weekend!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

amurowes
Trust:
It is all about giving value to people.

When people type keyword or keywords in Google, they usually have questions on their mind.

The site that is able to provide the best and most helpful answer is likely to be where they will click, read and may even buy.

If they shared with their friends and their friends also do the same, this site will eventually be very popular and regarded as authority site in Google eyes.

Regardless of what method you use, I say again. This time in bold caps.

IT IS ALL ABOUT GIVING VALUE TO PEOPLE.

You give them and they including Google give you what you want.

Period.

This is the way to succeed in 2014.

Whether you do SEO, list building or paid traffic.

This is also what I believe personally Andrew and Mark trying to say based on their teachings in both Andrew's Forever Affiliate and this course I have signed up.

Took me a very long time to understand this.
lorne
Trust:
Hi amuro,

I watched the Mark and Andrew webinar and the theme content makes perfect sense. However, I wasn't clear on what to use for the page name, H1 tag, etc.

Is it just some overall theme word that may or may not be a keyword, or a common short tail of longer tail keyword, or just one of the long tail keywords on the list you hope will be picked up by the themed article?

It just wasn't clear to me.

Thanks
kurt
Trust:
In the example Andrew gives in the video he gets other google suggestions for a keyword phrase that only has three words in it. If you have a longtail keyword phrase with more words than that, I think it helps to shorten it first before getting google suggestions. That way you'll get more suggestions back from google.

I tried Andrew's method in Bing too and noticed that it gave me some suggestions that I didn't get from google. So it might be beneficial to try bing and yahoo as well.

But, to speed things up, I just use the free ubbersuggest tool. It shows other keyword suggestions and it gets those suggestions from different suggest services. It also goes through the alphabet adding each letter to the end, one at a time like Andrew said to do. Would be nice to know where all it gets its data, but I'm sure google's probably on that list. I just click the "select all keywords" button and copy and past the whole list into the Keyword Planner. Then you can see the monthly search volume and ignore all of them that are too low. I love the ubersuggest tool because it really speeds up the whole process. It's too bad that they're thinking about charging for this tool in the future. I hope they don't. Would be nice if they had a tool like that in Traffic Travis (maybe something to think about Mark).

I still use Traffic Travis with this method because Traffic Travis will give you an idea how difficult each keyword will be to rank for. But, now since we're trying to rank for several keywords with one article, I'm not so worried about using keywords with lower monthly searches. Because I know that I'll also have some with higher monthly searches. I'm trying to make sure I have at least one or two keywords that will be easy to rank for, but I also use ones that are more difficult. I might be able to rank for the more difficult ones over time, but I'd like to rank for something right a way.

I've been writing my articles first before trying to get keywords into it. I find that easier. I found that if I was thinking about my keywords while trying to write my articles it was too much of a struggle. I'm also finding it helpful to categorize my keywords - putting all the ones that are basically saying the same things, but in different words, into a group. That way, when I'm reading back over my article and I come to a spot where one of those keywords will work I make a decision which to use based upon their search volume, and the other data I get from Traffic Travis - Difficulty, median PR, median backlinks to page. Maybe I put too much into the process, but I've been combining Andrew's method with Marks.
lorne
Trust:
Thanks for the reply kurt. Your explanation of how you include your keywords in one article makes sense. How to you decide what to use for the page url?

Example:

You write content on Theme X that incorporates keyword 1, keyword 2 and keyword 3 in the article.

Is your url ...themex.html, ...keyword1.html, ...keyword2.html, ...keyword3.html or something else?
kurt
Trust:
In the Hansen webinar above, they do a google suggestion search for "dog insurance comparison". That's the example they use. Lets say that's the topic of your article so you want something like that in your title. But, there are different ways of saying that. You could also say: dog insurance comparison, comparing dog insurance, comparing insurance for your dog, compare dog insurance, etc. I would categorize those because they're all saying the same thing. With some keyword research you can determine which one's are getting good monthly searches and how difficult they'll be to rank for.

But, maybe you have another related keyword category with the word "best" in it. Some people are searching for the best dog insurance. The best dog insurance, the best insurance for your dog, the best insurance for a dog, whatever - that's another category. So, maybe you decide to get two keywords in your title and have a title like "Dog Insurance Comparison - Find The Best Insurance For Your Dog"

Also the google suggest shows that people are also searching for "dog insurance comparison sites", and "dog insurance comparison websites". There's probably other ways of wording that like: websites for comparing dog insurance, sites for comparing dog insurance, compare dog insurance site, compare dog insurance website, site comparing dog insurance, website comparing dog insurance, etc. All of those are a category. Might be able to get one or more of those into your article somewhere.

And after you've collected all of the suggestions that you can use that google has given you for "dog insurance comparison", you can do the same thing with the other variations in that category. See what else google suggests for "compare dog insurance" and "comparing dog insurance" etc.

Pretty soon you'll have some different topics that might be worth covering in your article if people are searching for them. Google suggest shows that some of those people are looking for a site or website comparing dog insurance. Some are searching for the best dog insurance. Some are searching for a quote on dog insurance. Some are searching for a chart. Some are searching for a review. Some are searching for pet insurance comparison. Some are searching for dog health insurance, or dog health insurance comparison. You could form keyword categories from all of those since there are different ways of saying anything. And that should give you things you can cover in your article.

Hope this helped and wasn't confusing.
PremiumMember
slwillmn1
Trust:
A education is always the v\best way to start any new venture and I am slowly getting a grasp to make some keywords to tie into Jack Humphreys style
PremiumMember
slwillmn1
Trust:
Hello everyone I am exited to get bust searching any education and bloggers power.
mark schaaf
Trust:
This sounds a lot like what I do, when I put an article together for a new page of my site and even when I put the site together I always write the article with the information in mind then as I read it I will decide where the best places for my keywords so everything flows like I put them there in the first place. Since I did this form day one I have never had any problems with any of Google's updates and my site never seems to move much as it has been on page one for the last couple of years as well as many of my internal pages. I tell people to write the article as if you were the one looking for the information and you can't go wrong.
Mark

This topic was started on Feb 14, 2014 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.