Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Making money here and there but wishing it was consistent!

seanyboy
Trust:

Making money here and there but wishing it was consistent!

hey guys,

My first site is up and running since late March and it brings me in a few sales a week. Last week it only brought me in a sale! The first site I started almost two months ago and I started developing backlinks to my pages I wanted ranked on the site about 6 weeks ago... The only traffic I am getting is referrals from the article directories. I am listed in the search engines... but I am certainly not close to the top ten for any of my keywords. I know that when I do get visitors from the natural search engine listings, I will receive a lot more traffic to the site and I will make more sales.

I am going to continue writing more articles and develop more backlinks to my pages... I am just wondering when I will be listed in the top 10 for my keywords... I know I can rank in the top 10 for my keywords from the competition analysis I did before I started the site.... Its seem like its taking forever to get the search engines to list me in the top ten!

How long does it take a new site to get established and have the keywords ranked? I know this depends on the level of competition, but my competition is not bad!

Mark mentioned before that it takes about 3 months for a new site to get properly ranked in the search engines!

Does anyone else find this to be right?

Thanks guys,

Sean
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
hey fellow Sean, it really depends on what your keywords are. Low hanging fruit can be ranked for in a few weeks, but the harder things can take a few months.

It took me 4-5 months to rank on the first page for "learn Spanish", so don't stress. As long as you know you're doing the right thing, it will happen.

Hope that helps :)

Sean
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

seanyboy
Trust:
Hey Sean :)

How are you?

I understand where you are coming from...

I have keywords that are fairly competitive.... as I said I hope that these keyword phrases rank in the top ten soon so I see better tarffic coming in. Have you ever noticed that the high converting keywords (Low hanging fruit long tail keyword phrases) are usually easier to get ranked!

These are the ones I am going to concentrate on.... there are times when I keep picking higher traffic keywords over lower traffic, but higher converting keywords. Most of the time, higher traffic keywords do not convert as well as lower hanging fruit keywords.

Sometimes to think about!

Sean ;)
gillesjh73
Trust:
Hi,

you need to automate back-linking and you should give 3 way linking a go.

Check this out to find out more:

http://vur.me/s/Best-3-Way-Back-Link-Software/

Good luck and don't get discouraged, you are in the right place at the right time and YOU WILL get there

Regards

This topic was started on May 11, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.