Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Low Traffic on my Blog Site

kdugas123
Trust:

Low Traffic on my Blog Site

Hello,

I am new here and have been watching this valuable forum. I wanted to post about my blog on Wordpress where I am doing affiliate marketing for ClickBank. My traffic is very low. Its been up for 3 weeks. I am a newbie so I am not sure if that's normal. Anyway, suggestions would be very helpful.
Last edited by michellerana on 07 Oct 09 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title changed to describe the post better

faradina
Trust:
Go through the lessons on https://www.affilorama.com/search-engine-optimization
kdugas123
Trust:
Faradina,
Thanks for giving me that information. I just found out tonight my blog was banned because of affiliate links on them. I did not know that. I guess I need to apply this to my website now. I was told by someone big-time in this business I could do that. Oh well
asmith
Trust:
It got banned maybe because of implementations of the Google adsense or any other sort of ads services is against the TOS of wordpress. You can contact the wordpress support via your dasboard. And for getting traffic just do all SEO things, because the best way to get good traffic is optimizing your site to search engines. Make it sure you add a share button like tell-a-friend on your website, you must make it easy for them to spread and promote your website for increased traffic, reach and SEO results.
faradina
Trust:
I have been thinking about what you said, ie, that your site was banned. So that means that your blog is hosted on WordPress.com, right? It would be much better if you host your WordPress blog on your own hosting server as you would then not be banned for putting in affiliate links.

This topic was started on Oct 07, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.