Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

List of SEO-friendly free Blogs and Web 2.0 properties

easyrider
Trust:

List of SEO-friendly free Blogs and Web 2.0 properties

Does anyone have a big list of SEO-friendly free blogs and web 2.0 properties?

It is annoying when you go to a lot of effort of setting up an account and making posts only for moderators to come along and remove all your hard work.

For example, I set up a hub at Hubpages and they deleted it a day or two later because I was linking to a page with a lead capture form (ie. the popover newsletter signup form on my website).
Greg

burkhardt5
Trust:
easyrider
Trust:
Thanks Paul. The first link provides what I was looking for - free blog sites that I can put my spun articles on, without fear that some moderator is going to pull them all down.
Greg

burkhardt5
Trust:
If you like that one you might like these too.

http://www.directorycritic.com/article-directory-list.html?sort=pr

http://www.blogstash.com/list-of-best-web-2-0-sites-for-building-link-wheel/

Never Give Up!!
Paul
Paul J. Burkhardt

davita131
Trust:
Thanks for sharing the information with us, I will return every month to read more.
vikassingal2002
Trust:
Thanks Paul....I have my own list..but it very short compared to what you have provided. Thanks a ton.
Some FREE Edu Links

caesaronline2
Trust:
We actually own list, like trade secrets, such as my two sand and gravel site is broken equipmentto do mine, and everyone wants a prescription, they are the same as you.
I am lovely

thought
Trust:
I've spent the last hour or so looking at the sites and services listed from the links above. As far as I can tell, they all look pretty terrible.

One page lists "dofollow" blogs, mostly based in India, that would be good if they are relevant to the site you want to link to. But they mostly have no pagerank.

Most every other site listed on those pages has low or zero pagerank. The pages linked within the listed sites have low or zero pagerank.

This might be related to the fact that some of the lists are a couple of years old, and very pre-panda and penguin.

Does anyone have an updated list?
info302
Trust:
Hi,
I have spent the last year making an seo friendly free blog site, Blogurp.com. It's legit. The homepage pretty much tells you all about it. I didn't know anything about blogs before I started making it, but, I think it's about as seo friendly as a free blog site can be.
-Joe Haire

thought
Trust:
Hi Joe.

Thanks for the link. I checked out your site.

The login process is broken. I couldn't complete the signup process, and the forms gave me no feedback on why.

Will you be doing anything to enforce the quality of the sites that you'll be hosting?

I've been looking at the existing blogs. One has badly spun articles. I'm wary of putting manual work in to posting content in what google might judge to be a bad neighbourhood.
info302
Trust:
I just registered on Blogurp at http://blogurp.com/register as a new member and it worked fine. All you should have to do is put in a username, email address, password and display name, then pick if you want a blog or not and hit "complete signup". It should then take you to a page that says signup complete. It will ask you to upload an avatar, but you won't be able to until you activate the account from your email. I have not taken the avatar part out of the signup process yet. It used to work like that until I started the activate account from valid email policy.

Theoretically, only way the signup process would be broken is if a potential user is coming from a blacklisted ip or email address. Some blacklisted can see the site and not signup and some cannot see the site at all. I only have a couple email addresses blacklisted by domain, and they are very unknown spammers.

If the signup process was broken for you, I can definitely fix it, and I can see if your signup is in limbo somewhere too.

Some of the sites I am hosting are, http://stirupamerica.com, http://connectwithcoupons.com, http://talonrecords.com (I offer free domain mapping and sell domain names). You can see all the member blogs at http://blogurp.com/blogs. The blogs are public, but the rest is private.

Blogurp is on a dedicated server. I manually check all new members. If there is something bad on it, I generally get it off in a day or less. I have around 1000 members, but 60,000 have tried to signup in the last 6 months. I even went so far as to make linkpharming.com, to explain to people why they get booted.

Most major search engines continuously spider Blogurp looking for new content. I have the site constantly being scanned for malicious links on all the sites and comments too. As soon as Google releases a new bad link, I get rid of it if it is on Blogurp.
-Joe Haire

thought
Trust:
Thanks Joe.

I'd like to make use of the service, but I'm still having trouble signing up. I've tried using chrome, chromium and firefox.

After I complete the registration form and click "complete signup", the page simply reloads. I'm not given any indication that the form has been sent or not, or whether the registration process has failed or not.

I've checked my inbox and spam folder and I'm not recieving mail from blogurp.com.

As a user, I'm just left to sit and guess what is happening. Maybe my username has been taken? Maybe my password can't be used? I don't know. The process isn't telling me.

If I'm filling in something wrong, the form should have client-side validation to let me know what is going on.

This is a broken form.
info302
Trust:
Thanks for letting me know that Sunil,

I just tried to signup on Blogurp with a new username, but making an existing blog name and the form reset for me too. I will work on this immediately. I don't get enough feedback letting me know things like that. Other than that glitch, the site works really well. I'm gonna make it so it shows registration errors. I had no clue it wasn't doing that.
-Joe Haire

thought
Trust:
All good.

When you are building sites, it's hard to step back and view the site as a user. I miss issues all the time because of this.

Let me know when it's ready, and I'll give it another go.
I'll let you know if I find any glitches as well.
info302
Trust:
Hey Sunil,

I fixed the issue :) Now, when you select a Username on the registration form and tab down to the email address input field, it will tell you if the username is available or taken.

If you choose to create a new blog also, and the form still resets after picking your blog name and title, and clicking "Complete Sign Up" (the blog name is most likely already taken), you will see that "Yes, I'd like to create a new blog" is still checked. Just click the check next to "Yes, I'd like to create a new blog", that part of the form opens back up and, if the site name is already taken, you will see above Blog URL "Sorry, that site already exists!" You will then have to pick a new blog name and enter your password again. Eventually I will make it work without resetting.

It's the best I could do on short notice. I will perfect it and tell potential new members all that on the registration page eventually, but for now, my eyes are burning red, time for sleep.
-Joe Haire

stevenwade84
Trust:
I very rarely get the blogs, web 20s etc I set up deleted so here are some tips from me to get them to stick. Make it look like a legit site, add multiple pages to it where possible, add more than one post, stick some videos and images in there too, link to some authority sites in your niche, don't add a link to your site straight away. Let it age for 7 days or so first. Add good content to it (especially if a tier 1 site).

99% of mines stick even on the most popular blogs and web 20s.
Attention! Spend 1Hr a Day on this TOP SECRET, Highly Profitable, System and make $15K in Time for XMAS! Find out how here - http://bit.ly/15kpermonth2012

Does your website need powerful, diverse and affordable backlinks? Get a HUGE variety of trusted links and watch your rankings sky rocket for ONLY $37.99. Click here NOW:

thought
Trust:
Hey Joe.

Thanks for looking into the login issue.
Unfortunately, I'm still experiencing the same problem.

I've completely reloaded the registration page. I get a notification that the username is free.

However, I'm still just getting a page reload without any message indicating what the problem is.

I'm getting this on both chrome and firefox.
andlosek89
Trust:

All these links have big list of We2.0 properties. Thanks Greg for sharing the links. I just save the lists for future use.
info302
Trust:
thought wrote:Hey Joe.

Thanks for looking into the login issue.
Unfortunately, I'm still experiencing the same problem.

I've completely reloaded the registration page. I get a notification that the username is free.

However, I'm still just getting a page reload without any message indicating what the problem is.

I'm getting this on both chrome and firefox.

Hey Sunil,

I came down with walking pneumonia the next day, so I didn't get back to it yet, just now feeling somewhat better.

I haven't worked on the blog availability part yet. But, if the page still refreshes, the blog name is taken.

After the page refreshes, you will see the checkbox next to "Yes, I'd like to create a new blog" is still checked.

Just click the check again next to "Yes, I'd like to create a new blog", and that part of the form opens back up and, if the site name is already taken, you will see above Blog URL "Sorry, that site already exists!" You will then have to pick a new blog name and enter your password again.

Soon, it will work like the username availability part.
-Joe Haire

This topic was started on Jul 10, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.