Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Links not showing

mrehan
Trust:

Links not showing

Since 19th Oct , i have notice a reduction in about 30% links from my site. In some forum also there were some posts about this. Can anyone tell me why this sudden drop and if anyone else is affected by this? Usually there is about 5 to 10 links that keep going up and down .....but not such a drastic drop and still its at the same level.
rudolf55
Trust:
I don't know where your links are coming from, but it could very well be that your traffic has dropped, it's natural for this to happen. If you're just talking about links, perhaps it's a change in the Google algorithm that might have changed this. There could be lots of reasons why this happens and I recommend you to just keep building links since it's the only thing you have control over.
faradina
Trust:
@mrehan, did you mean that you are not seeing your backlinks when you search for them?

That's not really unusual. Search engines at times do not choose to show your backlinks but rest assured that they are still there. There are also times when SEs show them but certainly not all of them, even if they already know about those backlinks and have known about them for a long time.
robinjackman
Trust:
may be it's temporary problem so check after few days.

This topic was started on Oct 24, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.