Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Link signatures at end of article submissions?

spirit23
Trust:

Link signatures at end of article submissions?

Hey guys,

When you submit your articles to directories, and add your author signature link at the end, do you make it a link straight to the INDEX page of your site, or do you link to the article link itself within your site?

I have done quite a lot of mass article submission already, and found that because I only included the link to the INDEX page of my site in my signature, that this page has a much higher PR than all of my single article pages, should I link to the single article pages, or will those eventually rise in rank too?

Thanks heaps!

Have a great weekend.

Asanka.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
You can link to whatever you want to. I would link to a few of the inner pages as well to get backlinks all around your site. You don't want 1000 links just to your homepage and nowhere else. Also, vary up your anchor text as well.

Adrian,
superaff
Trust:
Yes, you should link to your most important inner pages as well. this is called deep linking.
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

spirit23
Trust:
Thanks alot Adrian and Superaff !

Adrian, one more thing about my previous question regarding new article folders for related keywords...

Did you mean that I should create a new folder on my site like:

blah.com/acne/articlen.html ???

And put all the acne articles in that folder?

Or just categorise it in my sitemap instead, and put all the articles in the root directory like:

blah.com/articlen.html ???

Because if its the former, then I have a problem...which I'll explain if in fact it is...

:?

Thanks again man,

Asanka.
Last edited by ampie g on 26 Jan 10 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed http as URL only used for illustration & not actual links

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
spirit23 wrote:Thanks alot Adrian and Superaff !

Adrian, one more thing about my previous question regarding new article folders for related keywords...

Did you mean that I should create a new folder on my site like:

blah.com/acne/articlen.html ???

And put all the acne articles in that folder?

Or just categorise it in my sitemap instead, and put all the articles in the root directory like:

blah.com/articlen.html ???

Because if its the former, then I have a problem...which I'll explain if in fact it is...

:?

Thanks again man,

Asanka.

I think you got a problem :D

You are going to want to do this.

yoursite.com/acne/........
yoursite.com/hairloss/.......

etc...

Adrian,
Last edited by ampie g on 26 Jan 10 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed http as URL only used for illustration & not actual links

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Also, if you're internal linking is done properly, PR will automatically flow to your most important pages.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

spirit23
Trust:
Aiiiishhh!!

Problem (at least I think it is):

I've been using XSitePro to create my site, and I've been trying to figure out how to create folders within my site to put new categories of articles into...
but I still haven't figured it out!

There MUST be a way to do it right? Arghh...I paid so much for this software... :cry:

Can anyone help?

Thanks again ppl!

Asanka.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
spirit23 wrote:Aiiiishhh!!

Problem (at least I think it is):

I've been using XSitePro to create my site, and I've been trying to figure out how to create folders within my site to put new categories of articles into...
but I still haven't figured it out!

There MUST be a way to do it right? Arghh...I paid so much for this software... :cry:

Can anyone help?

Thanks again ppl!

Asanka.

You have FTP yes? Just right click the site folder name and click new folder. Then save the new page into the new folder. Easy as pie :)

Adrian,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I usually just create my folders in windows explorer, is there any reason you can't just do that?
www.SixDayWeekend.com

spirit23
Trust:
Hehe guuuys...

Of course I know how to create folders, but I meant in XSitePro...

:lol:

Because I already have quite a few pages, and I have an internal linking structure, it would be a bit annoying to create a new folder in windows and continually change my links everytime I used XSite...maybe I should've used Dreamweaver.....

Arghhh! But XSite is so user friendly!!! Noooo... there MUST be a way of creating new folders in XSite...
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
hehe, thats fair enough. I've never used to XSitepro so I can't help you there.
www.SixDayWeekend.com