Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Link Building and SEO

mdcatro57
Trust:

Link Building and SEO

Question,
I have my Blog all set up and have started work on building my back links. Do I need to create back links to every page on my blog according to the key word that I am targeting for that particular page. In other words, if I have 20 articles on my site and each one is targeting a different keyword do I need to build back links for each of those keywords?

Second question, when I install All-in-One SEO pack, does it optimize my entire blog or just one particular page on my blog?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
joshuas
Trust:
Hi Mike,

In a word, yes. :) You need to build back links to each of your keyword optimized articles.

All in one SEO does a number of things, one of which is to allow you to easily insert meta titles, tags and description for your site. So you can have keyword optimized titles and descriptions for your homepage as well as all your articles and this will get picked up by the search engines. I wrote about the whole area of meta data in a recent YO post which you can check out (link in my sig).

Hopefully this is what you meant by all in one seo optimizing your blog. What I described above is one of the common uses. If you don't want to bother with it, the plug in does automatically generate the meta data for you though. For the most part, if you don't want to customize anything, you can leave it on its default settings. And yes, it does this for your entire blog.

Regards,
Joshua
covenantguy
Trust:
Hi Joshua
Thanks for your download-will study later.
Can you tell me where do I find software that tells me the tOTAL number of backlinks linking to my site from other sites?

I have Ranktracker in Market Samurai....but don't see any obvious links total. It does say next to"BL" 218 but don't know whether that is just the total links linking to the keywords from my site that I dfed into Ranktracker
http://johnreason.com/recommends.php?linkid=Affiloblueprint
Build a Successful Website in 12 Weeks.

mdcatro57
Trust:
Thanks Joshua. for your quick reply. I kinda figured that I would have to build back links for each one of my pages based on the keyword(s) that the page is about. I already had started doing that anyway, but just wanted to make sure. This gets a little easier each time that you do it and I am really looking forward to getting my back links in place for this first site so I can get started on my next one. Again , Thank You and I will check out the other information that you suggested as well.

Mike
joshuas
Trust:
covenantguy wrote:Hi Joshua
Thanks for your download-will study later.
Can you tell me where do I find software that tells me the tOTAL number of backlinks linking to my site from other sites?

I have Ranktracker in Market Samurai....but don't see any obvious links total. It does say next to"BL" 218 but don't know whether that is just the total links linking to the keywords from my site that I dfed into Ranktracker

You're welcome. :) For backlinks tracking I use either http://www.opensiteexplorer.org/ by SEOMoz or http://www.backlinkcheck.com/

For the first link you will need to sign up for a free account (you get to use other tools as well) and it limits you to 25 backlinks in the results but for the most part I find the info is pretty good. For the second link I think the limit is 40 backlinks but what I do is omit duplicate links and no-follow links from the results so I can show the 'quality links'.

There is also a firefox extension I use from SEOBook that has a feature called x-ray and basically does a page analysis and show the incoming backlinks. The backlinks it gets are usually less than the first two tools I mentioned but it handy for checking out competitors links (it has no limit in results like the previous two and has an export function too). Oh, there's also Yahoo Site Explorer but it doesn't seem to pick up many inbound links either.

@Mike No problem. :)
luckylook3
Trust:
yes you need to back link each of your 20 pages. ranking is not easy, but sometimes you can try to rank for 2 or 3 keywords on one page only.
jeniferose1
Trust:
In SEO link building is very much helpful for us. The links that we put is helpful to increase the traffic. It plays very good role on SEO.
r4 dsi

lizatailor23
Trust:
Link building is the part of SEO. From link building you can do directory submission, social bookmarking, article submission, press release submission, forum posting, classiffied submission and more.. From all these techniques are helpful to increase traffic and also get better backlinks...
karell_li
Trust:
In building backlinks, make sure it is a relevant sites that preferably ranks higher than your site. You could start by searching for sites relating to your niche.
The first step in the acquisition of wisdom is silence, the second listening, the third memory, the fourth practice, the fifth teaching others.

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
You could do deep linking (linking to internal pages) especially on pages that you want to get ranked for. Take some of your priority pages and write articles using the same keywords and submit to article directories. This will help index other pages on your site. But please make sure that the topic of the page that you link to is relevant.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

This topic was started on Mar 06, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.