04 Aug 10 7:27 pm
Lifestyle blog - Need help getting traffic
My name's Rob and I'm on about week 3 of my affiliate marketing venture. My goal is to build a "lifestyle" website about success, wealth, happiness, and pleasure to promote products as an affiliate.
I've had an interesting adventure trying to get started so far. Let me lay a few things out.
1. I'm using free webhosting from zymic.com
2. I am an affiliate for Clickbank, Amazon, AdSense, and CJ.
3. I "launched" my blog first on wordpress.org, then figured out they don't allow affiliate links and switched to blogger, then figured out the features are very limited, and finally realized I could host wordpress on my own host to use affiliate links.
4. I've posted links to my posts on digg.com with my blogger site, and now those links don't work (obviously). However google started to see my site before I switched.
5. Google Webmaster tools don't show my sites as being "crawled".
6. I have a separate host and separate site for the first product I'm trying to promote. I link to it from my lifestyle site, and I've also tried promoting it separately. The product site doesn't show as being crawled by google either.
Vision|Edge Lifestyle blog: http://www.visionedgelifestyle.info
clickbank product site: http://www.clickbankwealthformulanow.com
1. Will I run into problems getting Google to crawl my lifestyle site after the switch from blogger? Any way to be proactive against it?
2. Based on your experiences and knowledge, is my lifestyle blog concept worth putting much time and effort into? Or is there another method out there that's similar that is "tried and true"?
3. Is it generally better to promote products from a single source, ie. my lifestyle blog, or better to promote products on their own with their own sites? Or both?
4. Would any experienced marketers care to peruse my sites listed above and offer any feedback for increasing SEO and conversion opportunities?
Thank you to anyone who spends some time to review this information. I'm insatiably excited about this project and aim to making a full-time living from it once I've learned enough and know how to achieve results. I've been following Eben Pagan and his circle of "friends" for over a year now, which is eventually how I ended up at affilorama. So far this seems to be a great community with a wealth of information for affiliate marketing.
PS. You may email me anytime at [email protected]