Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Keyword Phrase: Does the order of words matter?

dinofly
Trust:

Keyword Phrase: Does the order of words matter?

I've been helping some local friends get their websites to rank and I've noticed that the Google Keyword Tool comes up with the same exact number of searches for certain keywords, no matter what the order is. For example:

The Keword Tool gives me 201,000 search results for "travel san diego" and also 201,000 search results for "san diego travel."

Does this mean the phrases are interchangeable according to Google? Can I then optimize that phrase in either order? What am I missing?

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Regards,
Dino
dinofly
Trust:
Hey Dino:

That's a really good question. I was wondering the same thing. I hope someone in the forum can help answer it.:-)
volkan
Trust:
I think the order doesn't matter if your looking for broad matches.

travel san diego - 246000
san diego travel - 246000
"travel san diego" - 9900
"san diego travel" - 135000
[travel san diego] - 1000
[san diego travel] - 8100

I look for the number of exact match searches and optimize for that.
In this case : san diego travel.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
You might also want to read through this thread: Who is the Keyword King? How does Google interpret KWs?
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

dinofly
Trust:
Right on. Thanks for the info.

This topic was started on May 28, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.