Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Keyword based news ads on site - Helpful for SEO? Pros,Cons?

davmontrose
Trust:

Keyword based news ads on site - Helpful for SEO? Pros,Cons?

I was just investigating having automatically updating content for my site with news type ads which can be keyword based. Or scrolling news etc. related to my topic. Supposed to help with search engines I know.

Do you think this may take my visitors away from my site to much? I know it would enrich their site experience, but at the same time I can also see this having a backfire effect. Anybody with much on this?

Thanx Davin
hammiesink
Trust:
I was worried about the same thing for my site, so what I've done is sign up for Google news alerts related to my field, and whenever a news story comes up in my email account, I write a quick two-sentence blurb summarizing it and post it on my website.

So in addition to the unique articles I add, I'm also adding these unique news blurbs which will hopefully help my rankings. And it makes it easier for the visitor as well as they can now know what's going on in my field without having to read a whole news story.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Instead of having ads I would say just to go plain text. I use an automatic newfeed update and it works great, showing all new feeds all day long in plain text. Have a look at "Carp Free RSS".

You need a database and the carp script. Then you choose what feed to use and put it on your site.

Adrian,
davmontrose
Trust:
Right On Adrian, ya maybe I misrepresented the ad thing, just couldn't describe it properly. There not actual ads they just sort of look like them.
But either way, the free carp sounds better, i downloaded some videos on implementing it.

I would of had to pay a bit of a monthly fee with the other thing.

Bye the way your going to make a sale either later today or tommorrow.
I worked a couple of xtra shifts at my night gig, so I could buy Website Content Wizard. I'll purchase it through your link.

Talk to ya later Davin
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Ya? Cool dude. I'll see if it picks up the sale. Let me know when you do. Also, there is a 60 day money back guarantee I think so if it isn't what you are looking for you can return it. I recommend watching the videos thouroghly though. My main purpose for using it will be to generate 20 spin offs of one article for different key phrases / article marketing.

Adrian,
davmontrose
Trust:
ya i'll let u know when, just waiting for my cheque to be installed in my account right now, it's usually today or tommorrow, so will let u know

Davin
alvin
Trust:
davinator wrote:Do you think this my take my visitors away from my site to much? I know it would enrich their site experience, but at the same time I can also see this having a backfire effect. Anybody with much on this?

Davin,

Sometimes what I do is that news or articles from my own site opens in the same browser window, but external news opens in another window so the visitor is still on your site.

HTH,
@
davmontrose
Trust:
Well do those newsfeeds automatically open in a new window, or do I have to play with the html, like i've had to do with most affiliate links to open in a new window?

Thanx Davin
alvin
Trust:
It depends on where the feed is from I guess. If you are not able to edit their newsfeed, try adding just before it and reset it to .
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Mine open in the same window. I don't find it matters that much and I get very little people that click them anyways..... it is just perfect for SEO and doesn't take away from the look of the site.

Adrian,