Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Is It Necessary To Do On Page SEO Before LinkBuilding?

bernard_r
Trust:

Is It Necessary To Do On Page SEO Before LinkBuilding?

Hi,

I'm launching a few sites at the same time. I want to start building some links as soon as possible for 3 of them and I don't want to get stack in website optimization.

Is it absolutely necessary to do on page seo before doing link building? I want to move on as soon as possible and optimize later.
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
If you're mad-keen to start building links but not so mad-keen to do your on-page optimization, then by all means... go for it.

The only thing I would caution you on is making sure that all your page URLs are exactly as you'll want them to be. If you get to the end of your on-page optimization and realize that you really want to change the keywords in your file name or directory name, but you already have a bunch of links pointing to the current address.... well, then you'll just need to do a bunch of 301 redirects. But that's just a minor technical pain in the butt, not a game changer.

Keep in mind you're unlikely to see the full benefit of all your SEOing until you do the on-page stuff.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

alexcarter2004
Trust:
Of course doing on page is necessary, this is the basic and important of SEO.

kallayprasanth05
Trust:
I don't think it is necessary to do on page SEO before getting into link building. In fact it can be done simultaneously so we can track our record better.
mark schaaf
Trust:
If you put the sites together yourself and wrote the articles yourself then you should have been doing your on page SEO while you were doing the articles. If done that way then you already know how to do your link building and you won't have to go back and re do anything. It is always easier to do everything completely and properly the first time around while you are doing it rather then go back and try and figure out what isn't right and how to fix it.
Last edited by mark schaaf on 15 Jun 13 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mark

bernard_r
Trust:
Thanks for your answers.

I have the articles optimized for the keywords. I was talking about all-in-oine-seo pack fields and image titles.

After reading your answers I think I should optimize everything, included all in one seo pack before building more links.

Thanks and good luck!
mbeelow
Trust:
Starting with on-page optimization and then consistently building links on top of that looks a coherent strategy to me. Besides strategic usage of keywords, on-page optimization covers all kinds of technical and code-related issues (xml sitemap, robot.txt, html code errors, duplicates, redirects…), and having them fixed will inevitably result in better crawlability and better user experience, both are being quite influential ranking factors.

Also, completed on-page somehow reflects the overall quality of your site. Not long ago, on-page optimization was considered not that important in comparison with backlinks. But now the situation has changed, and on-page optimization among other things, proves the overall quality of a site in question. So, if you’re building backlinks manually, for instance, with guest posting techniques or article marketing, then it's better to have the neat site optimized "far and wide".
cecille.l
Trust:
On-Page SEO is the foundation of your SEO strategy. You need to have this before you can move on to off-page SEO and link building. Not doing on-page SEO does not mean your pages won't rank. With the right off-page and link building strategy, they will. But your pages will be easier indexed and crawled if they've been optimized.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

This topic was started on Jun 10, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.