Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Is it absolutely necessary to spin articles?

bernard_r
Trust:

Is it absolutely necessary to spin articles?

Hi,

Yesterday I read a discusion about spinning inthe warrior forum. Some people said that you get the exact same number of backlinks if you don't spin your articles and that you can gain a lot because you use that time to write a new one.

I've been thinking that they may be right. I could rewrite one version of the article for submission and then get all the backlinks from directories and let them compete with duplicated content. Or maybe I could spin articles rewriting each phrase only twice so I get fresh articles only for the top 15 directories.

What do you think about it?
milansangan
Trust:
Hi,

In my opinion it's a lot better to write your own original or unique content rather than spin your articles. When you spin articles, it's possible that you end up with duplicate content. Also, synonyms don't always have the exact same meaning. The points made with one set of words may probably appear odd with other words. In case, your rewritten article is spotted, your credibility may go down the drain. If you truly know your subject you'll find it quicker to write new quality content than try to find a shortcut.
bernard_r
Trust:
For my next project I don't plan to spin. Instead I'm going to rewrite the article published in the website and then submit it to the top 15 - 20 directories. Two reasons for this:
- I work for my website and I don't work for other people's blogs or directories
- My article is unique and then all the other websites are competing in google with duplicated content

You're right, when you spin articles, even if it's in phrase level, you end up with duplicated content.
I've found that I get traffic directly from directories but the moment I stoped submittng articles, my traffic went to zero. I tried AMautomation and UAW and I got zero visits. I gess short and log term it's better to submit articles to high rank directories.
faradina
Trust:
If you can write an original article instead of spinning an existing one, that would indeed be the best option but I do not recommend submitting the exact same article to more than one directory.

Like you said, articles spun at phrase level are still considered duplicate content. If such are considered duplicate, then the exact copy is even more so.

With regard to spinning, when you do spin, you should rewrite whole sentences and not merely substitute words and phrases for ones with similar meanings. That way, your spun articles will be much more unique.
bernard_r
Trust:
What I heard was that you get the backlinks even if you send the same article to 5-10 high PR directories. If they compete with dulicated is not my problem, isn't it? and my article, the good one goes all over the Internet, so when it's spoted it is high quality content and not a spun version, which may be good but not as the rewritten one. The only place where I don't want duplicated content is my own website. Why work for someone elses website? I want to work for my website, so I focus on writing or outsourcing new content instead of spin articles so other people can benefic from it.

I'll follow the Pareto's Principle, the 80-20 rule, so I'll only spin in the future the 20 % of pages (or even less) that give me the 80% of the benefits.

Sooo... I'm changing my strategy and I'm pretty happy now because I will be generating content much faster than before.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Yes, you will still get the backlinks even if you submit the same article to different directories but search engines will not rank a page with duplicate content.

Search engines want to display unique relevant articles. If the articles on the article directories are the same, you would only have one chance to rank for that article. It would be best to submit rewritten articles to article directories so that each would have a chance to rank well in search engines and you'll get good traffic to your site.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

bernard_r
Trust:
I think you're right but for someone who is starting with 4 new websites at the same taime, the speed is an important factor, so my decission is to write one article, rewrite it, upload it to EZA and once EZA has indexed the article, upload it to the top directories.

Once I have the website complete and I can see that some pages are giving me the best result, then I'll pay someone to spin those rewritten articles and I'll sign up for an automation service like AMA.

The idea is to create a system and speed up the process at the beginning so I can see my websites ready in a couple of months and then focus on SEO and site growth.

Thanks for sharing.

This topic was started on Oct 12, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.