Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

IP Address and Google Ranking

PremiumMember
amah006
Trust:

IP Address and Google Ranking

Hello,

Does IP address affect Google ranking?
If so, Is it good to buy a dedicated IP or dedicated server is a must?

Could you please advise.

Thank you :)
wollowra
Trust:
Hi AMA,
From my experience ( In general ) it does not matter whether you have a dedicated IP or a shared IP for SEO purposes.
However, If your site is on a shared IP with another site that is in a bad neighborhood or is under a manual review or some other Google algorithm watch list then it can be a bad thing and your site can get deindexed.
This is rare though as I think the SE's are getting smarter with this and go more on Domain name.
I would hate for a manual reviewer to see a whole lot of link farm or spam sites in an IP range and just hit the "Deindex" button for that IP range.

However, I think if you want to be safe, just pay the extra $2 for a dedicated IP.
I would do this if I had a sight starting to make some decent money or you suddenly seen a drop in pagerank or a drop in the Search results.

SEO is not an exact science and requires testing and the SE's algorithms are always changing.
However the basic core strategies always remain the same.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
amah006
Trust:
Thank you wollowra

I think I will buy dedicated IP

Ahmed
sevamaster
Trust:
it does not matter

This topic was started on Jan 01, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.