Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Internal Linking

sheilamooress
Trust:

Internal Linking

If internal linking is too much in a website, is it fine? Is there a limit of internal linking in every website page?
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Each of your page should contain less than 100 links (external + internal). If you have more than 100 links, Google might choose not to follow or to index all those links.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

angelinwilliams87
Trust:
Pick keywords that make sense and then use them as anchor text for your internal links
Use bulleted lists for internal linking
Try not to have more than 3 internal links from any one web page
PremiumMember
admin21
Trust:
Oh!!!! I think I've just had an ahahahaha moment.

I haven't been linking my internal pages.

Thanks for the obvious tip :)
burkhardt5
Trust:
Just a quick tip!

If you look at your page and it looks like it is flooded with links to you,it will look even worse to someone that is not used to looking at it.

Make sure that the internal links that you are making are usefull to the visitor and not just a link to every other page of your site.

Never Give Up!!!
Paul
Paul J. Burkhardt

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
The number of internal links per page does not have a limit and does not affect ranking. You could maybe aim for 1 internal link per 100 words of writing. :)
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
davo
Trust:
I watched an old interview the other day with Mark Ling and Charles Heflin and he build a product a few years called the master Plan SEO2020. Now in that course it talks about siloing and the effect of losing link juice if you link internally from one page to another on your site that isn't directly related to the theme of that page.

I.e it will negatively impact your rankings if you internally link say a page on your site on dog training to another page on your site on dog breeding. Is this true?

The product was made 5 years ago so i'm not sure how accurate the details are however if it's true then i will have to change my internal links around a bit. i was under the impression that Google likes it if you internally link to other pages on your site even if it doesn't relate completely to the topic as long as you are linking one topic to another in some ways causing a segue.

Please advise if siloing is still important or whether general internal linking is okay.

This topic was started on Sep 13, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.