Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

I Want to Put in a Plug for Tags!

PremiumMember
shalisha42
Trust:

I Want to Put in a Plug for Tags!

Hi everyone. I just want to put in a plug for tags. I am dominating first page on google because of my tags. Now in my articles, I only focus on one keyword. I optimize the article only for that one keyword. BUT, when it asks me for the tags, I put my other low competition keywords in that are relevant to the article. You'll be AMAZED how the search engines will pick up your articles, blogs, etc when you do that. I am so happy. I'm finally learning!
Warm Regards,

Shalisha

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Shalisha,
Maybe you could give everyone an example of one of your sites with tags.
It would definitely help everyone here especially newbies.
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
shalisha42
Trust:
stacierunner
Trust:
Wow, I am impressed. I just looked at the first one and thought it looked pretty professional. Have you been at this awhile? One thing I did notice was for the reviews, when I clicked on some of the elliptical "read review" buttons, nothing came up.
Fancy up your iPad with accessories from http://www.greatipadstuff.com

Go green http://www.greenerlifesite.com

PremiumMember
shalisha42
Trust:
Hi. No. I've only been doing this for a year, june 21 2008 is when i started. it's still a work in progress but i rank on the first page in google for it. i have strong back links. this really is a learning curve and i'm about to take it to the next level. i found a mentor. it's really important to find a mentor/coach who knows what they are doing, otherwise, you'll be spinning your tail.... wasting time.
Warm Regards,

Shalisha

ppayne05
Trust:
could you clarify what you mean by 'tags'? Do you mean the meta keywords or h1 tags or alt tags, or something else altogether?
PremiumMember
shalisha42
Trust:
I mean keyword phrases that I can be found under other than my primary keywords. So yes, meta tags count. But here is an example: Let's say I have an article on my blog that is optimized for the keyword phrase "jobs for college students online" so one of my tags would be that keyword phrase of course, but my other tags would be keywords that are directly and tightly related to that keyword such as: "part time college student jobs" "ways kids can make money online" "jobs for teenagers" The key is, make sure your tags or related keywords have low competition as well so that you can get found for them. So if you have those tags for keywords and those keywords are low in competition but high in search volume, even if the person didn't originally type in your keyword, if they type in one of your tags, your article/blog will come up. I hope this helps. If not, please let me know and I'll try a different example.
Warm Regards,

Shalisha

This topic was started on Jun 19, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.