Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

I want to change my backlinked URL and keep my backlinks

Trust:

I want to change my backlinked URL and keep my backlinks

Hi everyone

When I first started out, I found a product I liked at Clickbank and for the purpose of EzineArticles, purchased a .info domain for a redirect to the vendor's sales page.

Since then, all of the backlinks have been pointing to this .info domain. Now that I am older and wiser (ha ha), I was wanting to make my own website for this same niche and direct my visitors to the vendor site from there (for the higher conversions). My question is, is there anyway that I can use all of my existing backlinks that are for my .info for the new .com address? I realize that I could build my web page on the existing .info url, but I don't want to do this for two reasons (from what I've read): 1) .infos don't rank as highly and 2) my url isn't keyword optimized at all. I was kind of thinking about redirecting from my .info to my new .com, but that won't work will it? The .info will still have the backlinks, right?

Any thoughts, comments, help would be appreciated!

Thanks
"Some people say I've got a problem with authority, so what if I do man, it beats relinquishing control"- NOFX

wollowra
Trust:
Hi,
I am not sure what host you are with but just do a 301 redirect.
That tells the search engines to not index the .info site and redirect through to the .com site.
Here is some info for you. Hope it is helpful.
http://www.bigoakinc.com/seo-articles/3 ... Google.php

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
yep you already have the .info redirected to the vendor, jjust change the redirect to point to your .com domain.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

sonitin
Trust:
I will suggest you to register with google webmaster tool and look for address change tab. Remember, you have to do a 301 redirect in either case. Most people will recommend you moving a domain unless its absolutely necessary.
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

Trust:
Thanks for the help everyone!
"Some people say I've got a problem with authority, so what if I do man, it beats relinquishing control"- NOFX

This topic was started on Jul 26, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.