05 May 20 8:31 am
There are a few things that you can do to try and boost your website traffic:
· Perform keyword research: When sitting down to write your next blog post, spend some time beforehand and use Keywords Everywhere, SEMrush (if you have the means) and perform some Google searches to see what kind of competition your topic has. You might want to consider finding a more specific, longtail keyword to target a smaller audience, but one that’s more likely to click through.
· Publish content regularly. Some people will recommend publishing multiple times a week. I think that’s a little bit of overkill, but publishing content – be it in the form of a blog, video, or podcast – a few times a week will help your website stay relevant in the eyes of Google, and earn better placement.
· Publish on social media. Not only does this aid your brand’s relevancy, it opens the door for your followers to share your content to a whole new audience. Posting regularly to social media helps your discoverability as well.
· SEO. Make sure that your content is properly optimized for search engines. Realistically, this is how people are going to discover your content. Don’t keyword stuff, but place it throughout your content naturally, in your headers, the meta-description, slug, etc.
· Paid ads. It can’t be overstated how competitive the blogosphere is these days – paying for a sponsored post can go a long way in boosting you up among the crowd.
Once you start to see some traffic come in, you might want to look into implementing a website visitor tracker. Something like only 2% of website visitors ever actually convert on a form, which leaves 98% of website traffic as lost opportunities. Clickback WEB can help you turn some of this lost opportunity into warm leads.
Clickback WEB identifies the companies that are visiting your website, even when they don’t convert, and provides you with the B2B contact information of their key decision makers. This information is useful for a number of reasons. You can pass it off to your sales team for a follow up to address any concerns that may have caused them to bounce in the first place, or add them to your cold email campaign to keep you top of mind for them.
The information should also provide you with valuable insight about the people who are actually visiting your website so that you can adjust your website design/layout to make it more appealing to the demographic you already have.
Hopefully that helps!