Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

How to get Backlinks to Website..

protrader
Trust:

How to get Backlinks to Website..

Here are some few methods of generating backlinks
I found them on other sites and thought I would paste them here.

1. Reciprocal Linking - this is where you link to another site that provides the
same service or product as you and they in turn have a link to your site on
theirs.

2. Site Submissions. Submit links for your site to directories which allow free
submissions, or if you can afford it, some paid directories. There are
many sites around which offer a service where you can submit your site
details to numerous sites. Plus, if you want, you can always create your
own directory of similar websites.

3. Articles. This is another way of getting great backlinks. So if you have a
reputable looking site that contains informative, well written reviews, then
there is a good chance that your articles will receive high search engine
rankings also. But it is vital that any articles you write are on the subject,
informative and thorough in relation to your site. Also you could always
write a few articles for submission to article sites such as
EzineArticles.com or SearchWarp.com. This is another great way of
getting even more backlinks to your site.

4.Blogging. This has now become an integral part of the internet, and is
one of the most effective ways of linking. You either have the choice of
placing a few words of comments on to someone else’s blog, or you may
want to link to them from your own blog. In fact, you will find that most
blogs will be happy to link back to you. However, it is important that you
try to update your blog regularly and post interesting content to ensure
that people will want to link back to you.
wollowra
Trust:
Thanks for your input to the forum Pro.
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

jhonson
Trust:
Do, article submission, forum posting, blog commending, directory submission, social bookmarking, press release..etc are the best way to get quality back links to website...
New jersey carpet cleaning

christine2
Trust:
Great list Pro Trader!

I like that many of your suggestions for link building add value to the web and not just noise -- that's the way to do great link building. Here are some other ideas to keep the list going:

Press Releases: Press releases work on many levels in terms of link building and visibility. Not only are you publishing announcements that can be found by your target audience / bloggers / journalists / potential strategic partners, you can also include anchor text links (the type of links that are embedded in a keyword and best kind of backlinks) back to your site. You'll want to be sure though to use a press release distributor that is optimized for search engines like http://www.onlineprmedia.com.

Guest Posting: Guest posting also works on multiple levels -- you can get in front of new audiences of trusted readers and gain backlinks from high quality blogs by providing quality content for that blog. The most important thing when approaching a blogger or online magazine about writing a guest post is that you take the time to get to know their blog and their target audience -- and then explain why the post you want to write will be useful for their target audience.

Answering Questions: Being helpful on forums, Q&A sites like Yahoo answers, and on Linked In Groups is another way to gain visibility and backlinks while also adding value. It's so important to participate in a way that really adds to the discussion!

In the past, link building was about peppering sites with links -- today, search engines have devalued those "cheap and easy" tactics. Link building is something that needs to be earned by being active in the community and leaving your digital footprint where you've added value :)

Thanks for starting this thread!
For a free copy of the e-book, "The 7 Deadly Press Release Mistakes -- And How To Avoid Them," visit: http://www.onlineprnews.com/how-to-write-a-press-release

thel.online.ph
Trust:
Hi,

I found these tips on Ehow.com on how to get backlinks to your website.
Thought it could be useful to the members.

1.Market your website through articles. Article marketing is a free way to generate traffic and one way backlinks.

2.Trade links with related websites. Search online for complimentary (not competitor) websites and email the webmaster to offer a mutually beneficial, reciprocal link exchange.

3. Write and distribute online press releases. PR is a highly effective way to market a business. Online press releases will also generate more backlinks to your website for improved search engine rankings and more traffic.

4. Submit your website to directories. Many website directories are free and quick to sign up and add your website for an immediate backlink.

5. Add your website to multiple bookmarking and social networking websites. It’s simple and takes a few minutes to sign up for websites where you can bookmark your favorite websites including your own, for immediate backlinks.
esolutions
Trust:
Ehow?

Why not just search the free training here on Affilorama where you'll get real information on what works and what doesn't.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

newstart
Trust:
I agree with everything that has been said except that of reciprocal links. Everything I have read is that reciprocal link arrangements are not looked on favorably by any of the major search engines. I have personally stayed away from reciprocal link arrangements.

Does anyone have any information or personal stats that would show reciprocal linking provides a positive benefit?

Margene
wollowra
Trust:
esolutions wrote:Ehow?

Why not just search the free training here on Affilorama where you'll get real information on what works and what doesn't.

Hi E,
Because he attributed the content to Ehow and where he got the content from.
That is good because we really do not want members grabbing content from other forums etc..and attributing it as there own.
I know If I put out a piece of content on my blog and someone copies it and pastes it as there own all over the net, I get a bit peeved when they do not tell people they got it from my blog.
Hope that helps.
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on Mar 24, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.