Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

How to drive traffic to your new website?

carolinemurphy
Trust:

How to drive traffic to your new website?

This post is for everyone who is having a website and is struggling to drive traffic to their website. The purpose of this post is to provide you free methods that will get traffic to your website in short and long-term.

One of the most basic things to realize if you have a new website, it will take some time before you start getting the continuous flow of traffic to your website. The more effort you put in the better it will be for you but it will still take some time. No matter how good you are, some things just take time.

"You can't produce a baby in one month by getting nine women pregnant." - Warren Buffet

So, if you're ready to begin, here are few of the things that will help you bring huge traffic to your website:

#1 Produce Valuable Content:

First and probably the most important things are to produce valuable content. It will help you drive more traffic and will also help you build trust and make more sales.

How will valuable content help you bring more traffic?

First of all, it will get more shares. The only reason people will share your content with their friends is if they like it and the only way they'll like it is if it is valuable. It could be funny, helpful, informational or whatever but it needs to give the audience some sort of value.

Secondly, it will have better rank in search engine. A lot of people run after Google, trying to do everything possible to get a good rank but not realizing that Google runs after value.

Think about it, the two biggest factors for ranking in Google are first, keywords (anyone can do it) and second, backlinks (especially from quality sources).

Now anyone can add their target keywords on their site and in their content but you can't get backlinks from other big sites if your content sucks. The only reason any authority site will link back to your site within their content is if your site provides value to their readers.

The third reason why you should produce valuable content is so that you can sustain the traffic coming to your website. Let's say you somehow manage to get traffic to your website (suppose you used paid traffic), but will those visitors stay on your website or visit your site again if they find no value there.

People don't visit your site because of you, they visit because of themselves and if they find no value in exchange of their time and attention why would they ever visit again or why would they share it with their friends?

Now in order to produce valuable content, you'll need to understand your audience's need and produce content that they find helpful or interesting.

Stop writing content to impress Google or to get more shares and start writing it for your audience; you'll end up with much better rank and higher shares.

Producing valuable content will automatically enable you to take advantage of two biggest online traffic sources; search engine and social media.

#2 Get Some Initial Visitors:

Just by constantly producing valuable content you'll end up with a lot of consistent traffic to your site in long term but you'll have to bring some initial visitors to your site or else how would anyone find out about your great content anyways?

In the beginning, you'll have to bring few people to your website and then (if they liked your content) they'll tell other people about it and will visit your site again and in this way, your site will continue to get more and more visitors. Plus at the same time, your site will begin to get mentions on other websites thus building backlinks for you and getting better and better rank in Google (that means more traffic) and this will become a cycle...

More people = more shares + more backlink = even more people

But getting those initial visitors is an important part to begin this cycle.

So, how do you get some initial traffic to your site?

Here I'm gonna give you some techniques you can use:

Social Media:

The first thing you can do is to share your content on your own social media accounts. Every time you write a new post or produce a new piece of content, share it with your own friends or followers on Facebook or Twitter or LinkedIn.

You can also join Facebook and LinkedIn groups related to your topic and share your posts in those groups.

Other Sources:

Another thing you can do is to convert a small part of your post to other formats and share it on different platforms. Like you can make a short video from your post and add it to YouTube and link back to the original post in the description so that anyone who wants to get full content would visit your site.

You can do the same thing in other formats too, like you can convert your post into PDF or PPT and add it to Slideshare or convert it to an infographic and add it to Pinterest etc. (with a link back to your site obviously).
hbenson1987
Trust:
thank you so much for your thread. Basically I market my website onto niche relevant website. And then share unique content. This helps me to increase visitors of my website.
ericjeech
Trust:
hbenson1987 wrote:thank you so much for your thread. Basically I market my website onto niche relevant website. And then share unique content. This helps me to increase visitors of my website.

You need to run paid campaign in order to see a more quality traffic to your website.
Eric Jee is an authority in helping people to start online business and escape the rat race of 9-5. Go to www.lifestyleempires.com to watch his free video training course, a proven step by step blueprint on how he created lifestyle internet profit empires, and earn money wherever he travels.

louistang
Trust:
don't enough, the best Ways to drive organic traffic to a new website are as follows:

Advertise your site
Regularly update the content
Optimize the site for search engines
Get social
Check the insights regularly
Check you on page SEO
Target long tail keywords
Include headings
nickchernets
Trust:
Thanks a lot, useful guide, it will be great to see more posts with more detailed info about it
johngalvin
Trust:
Thank's a lot for sharing. It is very useful for my new website
Read more Digital marketing tools review: https://maps.google.com/url?q=http://www.ice-review.com/

syngates0508
Trust:
This article is very informative! I agree with you that social network is helpful in generating initial traffic, and high quality content is the key factor to focus on.
techbizmasters
Trust:
Thanks for this informative post. Its really help to drive traffic to the website.
samuelroy
Trust:
I suggest you to drive more traffic for your new website through Social Media is the best.
elianawilliam9
Trust:
To drive more traffic to your site-
Quality content is the must.
Attractive and informative post engage the new audience.
Social media is the best place to drive traffic to your site.
Paid advertisement much helpful.
rachana
Trust:
Traffic to the website can be increased by
Providing quality content.
Blog regularly.
Posting content on social media.
Target long tail keywords.

This topic was started on Mar 07, 2017 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.