Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

How soon is too soon ?

cassie
Trust:

How soon is too soon ?

I have a domain that is 4 1/2 months old. I have had PPC since that time, but SEO only for about 7 weeks. I have several keywords in the top 10, as someone is doing the SEO for me. Directory submissions, article directory submission, press releases, social bookmarking, etc ... in white hat techniques. I have one keyword on page 3 that I want to get to page 1.

How soon is too soon to start ramping it up a bit ? At the 2 month mark, I wanted to continue the white hat techniques, but send a lot higher PR links from aged domains (monthly service, private networks).

Am I at risk of being sandboxed, even if this is done in a slow, gradual manner ?

Should I keep waiting before doing this ?

Thank you.
jcdean
Trust:
No one really knows what will trigger the "sandbox effect"

I doubt adding good High PR links after 4 and a half months will.

If you made it for 4 1/2 months you are probably not going to be sand boxed.

Please understand his is just an opinion.
Respect,
JC Dean

cassie
Trust:
Thank you for your reply.

If the SEO part has only been done for about 7 weeks, does this make a difference ? Is any credit given to the site for the PPC ?

Thank you.
jcdean
Trust:
If you were able to send PPC traffic to your site it would seem to me that Google likes it.

Again I wouldn't worry about sending some links to it, especially if they are good ones.

Here is a similar thread. James has some pretty good advice here about link building, check it out.

https://www.affilorama.com/forum/seo/old-domain-name-link-building-speed-can-it-trigger-google-t12670.html
Respect,
JC Dean

cassie
Trust:
Thanks for your time, I appreciate it.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
One thing that I look at is visitor to link building ratio. Google is looking for natural link building, and they can see how many people are viewing your site, and what actions they are taking when there (just look at Google analytics to see what all they can look at...)

Personally, I think this has something to do with the sandbox effect. Through my own experiences, I have found that if I keep my linking in a decent proportion to my visitors, I don't have a problem. I try to keep it to about 1/10 ratio, so if you are getting 10 visitors a day, you should be able to build 100 links per day without worrying too much.

What gets people in trouble is having a site with NO traffic suddenly getting hundreds or thousands of links a day. So, if you minimize your linking to take into account how many natural links your site could generate based on how much traffic you are getting, you should be okay.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

cassie
Trust:
Hi James,

Thanks for the good information, especially about the ratio. I appreciate it very much.
mark schaaf
Trust:
One thing about SEO it I don't think search engines look at when the seo was done they just look at it in general and see how good or bad it is. I did all my SEO before I went live with my site and every new page I ad I do the SEO for it as well. Most SEO has to do with the background stuff that refers to what is on the page so it doesn't really mater that it is being done after the site is up it only maters that it is done well.
Mark

This topic was started on Jul 17, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.