Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

How many links is too many

malex86
Trust:

How many links is too many

On one page how many internal links is too many when it comes to SEO?
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Male,
It depends on how big the page is in my opinion.
I would aim for maybe 2 to 3 links with keyword anchor text to other pages for every 400-500 words.

Any more than that and it just starts to look a bit silly in my opinion.
Also the page rank starts to get passed to other pages etc...
You don't want your site looking like a Wikipedia page...lol

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

malex86
Trust:
Thanks for replying. I was reffering to internal links/links to other pages within my site? Also, does having 30+ links to pages hurt the SEO?
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Male,
Yes I was also referring to internal links.
3 or 4 links per page internally is good, just make sure that the keyword for the other page you are linking to is highly relevant.
But like I said.. I am not a big fan of reading a sites content and having to look at 30+ anchor text links on 1 page.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I agree with Troy, with one exception. Alot of times I will use more than that on my home page, but that is it. Usually my home page is a brief description of the overall site, and I will link to the top page in each of my Silos, of course that is usually 4-5 so, not too bad with a 500-600 word article.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

This topic was started on Nov 25, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.