Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

How do we use Delicious, Plexo etc. to increase traffic?

golfntours
Trust:

How do we use Delicious, Plexo etc. to increase traffic?

How do we make use of all these to increase traffic? I see many in Squidoo.

Can they be applied to my website?

Can someone give a quick run down on what they are and how to use them effectively? (I know, I know we can always search and read or may be it's been discussed in this forum...but my eyes are so tired...pl help :oops: )
Many thanks to all you kind people.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
The last update was on social bookmarking, check out those videos.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

golfntours
Trust:
Sean, A quick question:
Lately received a request to renew hosting (still had about 1 mth to go). Delayed replying for a couple of days and my homepage became inaccessible! Customer support said I shd go check .htaccess file. I did n found the file had become bbb.htacces! Asked how come the file name has a string of 'b's infront, was told 'someone' could have accessed and changed it. But they seemed not realize that I was the only person allowed to access my ftp files since I parted company with my web-designer/manager.
Anyway, I panicked and quickly paid up. Walah! the homepage came alive just about the same day.

Can you tell me from your experience, Sean, if this is purely a co-incidence?
Thanks

GOLFnTours (sometimes a 'Weekend Conspiracy Theorist')
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Who do you have your hosting with?

It seems very strange that any hosting company would bother sabotaging your homepage because you've delayed your hosting renewal for a couple of days. Are you sure your web designer doesn't still have FTP access to your site?

Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Yeh, that doesn't sound right, unless you're with a pretty dodgy hosting company.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

golfntours
Trust:
That's what I thought so too, Mark, why would they do it? I don't believe my ex-designer could 'guess' what my new password is. And if he did, what coincidence, isn't it?
Don't go away, more 'conspiracies':
Since then, my email has been very slow. Had to open a new browser to re-log in several times each night. Support said my tracert report clearly indicated my server had probs. But why only this email while all others like yahoo, gmail etc. function normally? they couldn;t provide an answer to this but just kept asking me to go back to my local server.
Any idea, maestros?
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
I assume you're talking about your domain name email address. The reason this will be different to webmail like Yahoo and Gmail is that being able to access Yahoo and Gmail really only depends on your internet connection. If your internet connection is fine... and you trust Yahoo and Google to keep their stuff running smoothly... you'll have no problems accessing it.

If you're finding that your web is going fine (ie. not noticeably slower than usual) but accessing your domain name email is painful... then that's a problem for your hosting provider. If the "server is having problems" then that's their problem and they should sort it out. You still haven't told us who is providing your hosting, so it's hard to say... but if you keep having problems like this then I'd really consider moving to a new hosting provider.

Good luck!
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Change hosting providers.
golfntours
Trust:
"my server problem" - server meaning Godaddy? or my ISP, the local telco where I am connected to?

Good on you Adrian, At least I know I have an alternative now. I'll give Godaddy a fright :D . Btw, what's your charge per year?

Thanks so much
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
I pay around $100 per year and I get way more than I need.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Your server is the one you're paying the hosting company for.

If they suck, definitely move over. There are plenty of good ones to choose from.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

golfntours
Trust:
Can I send this blog to Godaddy? Can I use your solicitors after that Mark? Thanks :D
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
You should be able to transfer all your stuff over to your new host without any problems.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

golfntours
Trust:
Thing is, it all happenned just before my renewal and now that i've renewed for another year, things seem to get back to normal except for the email. Have I been a little over-suspicious of the business tactics? Yes?