Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

How do I go about reciprocol linking?

aidan834
Trust:

How do I go about reciprocol linking?

ok so i have 2 sites in the making i havent started any keyword search yet but it seems easy and ill probably start it today sometime. i am however a little confused about getting people to link to my site adn vise versa.what exactly is it and what does it accomplish?? any info would be greatly appriceated

Thanks

Jeff
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Getting other sites to link to you is the ONLY way you will rank well for any kind of competitive term. You want to have text links pointing back to your site. This is text that you can click on and it takes you back to your site. So if you wanted to rank well for the term "white shoes" you would have other people put the text "white shoes" on their site that is clickable and leads visitors to your site. The more links you have that say "white shoes" the better you are going to rank.

You also have to take into consideration the pagerank of the page which your link is on. A link from a page with a higher pagerank is going to count a lot more than a page with a pagerank of zero. See the link below my post for more info.

Adrian,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Probably the biggest factor in search engine rankings is gettings links to your site from other, high quality, highly relevant sites. Google sees this as a sign that your site is worthy of good rankings.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
aidan834
Trust:
WOW That was fast, thanks for the timely response fellas, it put me at ease knowing i can get answers that fast!! ill go i think i get the jist of it, the more quality sites that can bring someone to my sites the better. how do i go about gettign others to link to my sites? should it be someone in the same niche or field or does it matter?

Jeff
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
One great way of getting one-way links (which in many ways is better than reciprocal linking) is to write unique articles and submit them to article directories.

That way you get links from each of the article directories back to your website (because you are allowed to place a link back to your site in a box at the bottom of the article), you also get links from any website that chooses to use your article on their website because they have to place your box that links to you at the bottom.

Great article sites to submit to include: ezinearticles.com articlecity.com, goarticles.com.

There are hundreds. I use a service called isnare.com, it costs $2 per article and they submit it to almost every major article site (except ezinearticles.com and a couple of others that you'll have to do manually).

Hope this helps!

All the best!!

Mark

ps trading links is good too, but don't expect more than 1/20 to say yes at first. Also Adrian, got any suggestions? You seem to be king of link trades here :wink:
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
MarkLing wrote:Also Adrian, got any suggestions? You seem to be king of link trades here :wink:

I really don't think I am a king of anything lol Just trying to give some helpful advice. You still reign as king Mark by a long shot!

Adrian,