Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

How can I make a page on my site no follow in wordpress?

burkhardt5
Trust:

How can I make a page on my site no follow in wordpress?

I would like to put a few pages on my site that I don't want to waste link juice on, but I don't know how to make them no follow in wordpress. I don't want the SE's to crawl them at all. Can this be done or should not include these pages at all?
Paul J. Burkhardt

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
You could use the Platinum SEO pack plugin to set your meta tags to no index/no follow. Just select index or no index as well as follow/ no follow on your posts by clicking on the checkbox.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

alexiswilke
Trust:
If you don't want to have those pages crawled, then you need the robot.txt files. The noindex will prevent the indexing and the nofollow prevents the juice, but the page would still be read.

I'm not a wordpress expert so I dunnot what you need to include a robot.txt file with it... maybe you can just edit the existing file and "fix it".

Add something like:

Disable: path-to-page
robinjackman
Trust:
you can put no follow tag in wordpress website and that will be good for your website..

This topic was started on Oct 10, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.