Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

How Can I Find the Page My Site is in Google Search?

juderm
Trust:

How Can I Find the Page My Site is in Google Search?

I created a mini site about 2 months ago and I optimized it by doing the on page and off page SEO. I want to find out what page my site is now in the Google search? I am not talking about the PR where you will know what PR is your site like: PR 1, PR 2, PR 5, etc. What I want to know is what page my site is, like: is It in Page 1 or is it in Page 20 in the Google search?

Is there a short cut way in locating it instead of clicking each page one by one to find my site in the Google search? What keywords or free tools should I use? If I type "site:domain name" in the Google search, this will only show me my site that is indexed in Google but it won't show me what page is my site now in the Google search? This is my site: http://paracordknots.com

I will be happy to know your answers. Thanks a lot in advance!
esolutions
Trust:
Hi,

You can use the Rank Checker plugin for Firefox.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

essexboyracer
Trust:
I pay for Advanced Web Ranking which basically does what you talk about, but in an automated way, e.g. downloads each result page and finds your defined site in the page. It also hes a few other tools and reports which are quite interesting
jcdean
Trust:
Bad news

You are probably in the sand box. (Google waiting period to stop spam)

I checked on traffic travis pro for your main keyword and your contact us page comes up as number 57. That would be page 6.

The fact that your blogs main URL didn't come up tells me that you are probably sand boxed. Google is purposely blocking you for showing up on you target keyword.

You could be there for a few more days or a few months.

Always be working on more than one project so as this sort of thing dosn't break your heart.

But by all means keep working on this site too. I have had sites (Sniper sites) like yours come out of the sand box straight to the first page.

Respect

JC Dean
Respect,
JC Dean

juderm
Trust:
Hi JC Dean,

Thanks to your answer! If that is possible why will they put me there? What made them do that? I am doing my on page and off page seo naturally. I did not do anything to make it that way. Is there anything in my site that showed that? I checked my Google Webmaster Tool and there was no error or malware at all. Any advise I will appreciate it. Thanks a lot!
jcdean
Trust:
No one knows what really triggers this waiting period (sand box effect)
Nothing you did.

The fact that your contact us page is on page six tells me that you will kill it on that keyword when your site gets out of the box ;)
Respect,
JC Dean

juderm
Trust:
jcdean wrote:The fact that your contact us page is on page six tells me that you will kill it on that keyword when your site gets out of the box ;)

Hi J.C. Dean...What do you mean by the words you mentioned with quotes above? I will be happy to know it. That way I will have a chance to do what has to be done. Thanks again for your fast reply!
jcdean
Trust:
I think you will rank very high in the search engines when your site makes it through the Google waiting period.

As far as what to do is add more content and back links, and work on your next project too.
Respect,
JC Dean

cecille.l
Trust:
Thanks to your answer! If that is possible why will they put me there? What made them do that? I am doing my on page and off page seo naturally. I did not do anything to make it that way. Is there anything in my site that showed that? I checked my Google Webmaster Tool and there was no error or malware at all. Any advise I will appreciate it. Thanks a lot!

This article on the SERoundtable is dated but it does define what the Google Sandbox is. That might help you better understand what we refer to as the sandbox.

Jcdean is correct. Don't be discouraged. Keep on building your site up, adding content, building backlinks, driving traffic to it. Try and squeeze in a new project as well to take your mind off the fact that your other site is out of the SERPs.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

guessme_a
Trust:
Mine took 3 months to come out from sandbox. You should stop worrying for six months maximum. Try to get as many back links as you can by that time. One day it'll be a surprise.
Get NSE, BSE Tips @ www.sharegyan.com

This topic was started on Dec 12, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.