Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Help! Need Suggestions to Increase Traffic

newstart
Trust:

Help! Need Suggestions to Increase Traffic

Help! I need suggestion ideas. I have a PR3 website that I have been given till March to get the traffic
volume to around 100,000 visitors. Any suggestions on what I need to do to accomplish this would be appreciated.

The website I am working on is: ThomasJeffersonCenter.com. I am responsible for the SEO and the BLOG component of the website. The other sections are the responsibility of other committees.

These are the activities I am doing. I am active in several forums, along with commenting in related BLOGS. Adding posts to the site about every other day. Many of these posts have video attached. The videos are being hosted on Youtube. All the post articles are being rewritten and spun then submitted through AMA & UAW. Also using LinkJuicer. In the process of building Squidoo and HubPages.

Any suggestions to increase traffic would be appreciated. Remember, I only have control over the BLOG section of the site. I am responsible for the SEO both on-page and off-page. Your help would be appreciated.

Margene
Last edited by newstart on 11 Nov 11 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Margene,

Since you are active in blogs and forums, why not try looking for guest posts too? A guest post on another website or blog can give you both backlink and traffic.

All the best to you and your project! :)
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Yes, I agree with Cecille :) You could submit an artilce to Affilorama YO Blog :) If it's really good, we may publish it on the regular Affilorama Blog, which means a backlink from a PR6 page! :)

Also, make sure that you have properly optimized your site with internal linking structure and content management. Provide high quality and add fresh content regularly. It's important to have exceptional content so that other sites would want to link to your site.

You could launch a link building campaign that will concentrate on guest blog posting, social media engagement and marketing, community participation, constant link search (seek for link opportunities for the site to improve search engine rankings).

Make sure that you target linking pages that are high quality, relevant and trustworthy to obtain more value from the links that will be acquired from them.

All the best!
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

newstart
Trust:
Thank you Cecille & Michellerana for your suggestions. I have two blogs that are allowing ThomasJeffersonCenter.com to guest blog. I am in the process of composing a suitable blog post for each the these blogs.

As to writing a blog post for AffiloRama YO I do not believe the subject would be appropriate for Affilorama readers. The TJC site is a specialized website providing information for primarily U. S. residents.

Again thank you for your suggestions.

Margene
smuigal
Trust:
Hi Margene,

I would do some research on increasing the social aspect of that site. I saw a small social plugin at the bottom, but I would install the tweetmeme plugin so people could retweet the events and webinars etc...
I'd also install the FB LIKE button since it's quick and easy to use to share posts you like.

Also, I forget his name of the owner, but the guy at CommentLuv just announced a premium version of his plugin. I got it this morning and one of the bonuses had to do with traffic. I watched just a little bit of his videos and I'd say you could learn a lot just from his freebie videos and then make a decision if you want to get the plugin.

I'd be sure to build up Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+ with like minded followers. I'm no expert on social networking but there are good guides that would be helpful for that. I'm a newb in that department, but I will say that the small bit I've started doing has helped me greatly.

Lastly, do you have a budget? If so, I would absolutely be outsourcing a lot of your SEO work. To drive that sort of traffic within a few months will require some help I would think. ;)

Best Wishes on your goal Margene!
Chrisi
Need help? Looking for answers? I've coached 70+ students to 5 and 6 figure success. Private message me on FB for details on a one on one session for help knowing where to start your success or end your failure. https://www.facebook.com/netwoozy.gal

newstart
Trust:
I want to thank everyone for their suggestions. I am working on enacting as many of the suggestions as I can.

Chrisi, as for a budget well ..... ? I do have a few volunteers.

Thanks everyone.

Margene Smith
smuigal
Trust:
Let us know how it goes Margene :)
Need help? Looking for answers? I've coached 70+ students to 5 and 6 figure success. Private message me on FB for details on a one on one session for help knowing where to start your success or end your failure. https://www.facebook.com/netwoozy.gal

This topic was started on Nov 11, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.