Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Google Seeks to Weaken SE Ranking of “Content Farms"

bartko09
Trust:

Google Seeks to Weaken SE Ranking of “Content Farms"

Google has announced that it is fixing flaws in its algorithm that allows search results to be spammed, while also planning to weaken the search-ability of websites referred to as ”content farms.” Matt Cutts, head of Google’s anti-spam team, writes:

As “pure webspam” has decreased over time, attention has shifted instead to “content farms,” which are sites with shallow or low-quality content. In 2010, we launched two major algorithmic changes focused on low-quality sites. Nonetheless, we hear the feedback from the web loud and clear: people are asking for even stronger action on content farms and sites that consist primarily of spammy or low-quality content.

You knew it was coming...

http://www.infowars.com/google-seeks-to ... -websites/
Last edited by faradina on 25 Jan 11 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: shortened title to fit

esolutions
Trust:
That's great news! Thanks for sharing.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

stephenpt
Trust:
Thanks for the information,bartko09
jcdean
Trust:
Wonder how they could get an algorithm to judge the quality of a sites content?
Respect,
JC Dean

faradina
Trust:
I believe it's not the algorithm that scrutinizes the content. I think they actually have people go through the content.
carlmasure
Trust:
I think a couple years ago Google indexed over a trillion urls. There is no possible way that human beings can read every one of those pages of content.

One of the techniques I've seen promoted in other forums is to find PLR and load tons of it "as is" over a period of time into sites like blogger and word press.

Looks like the duplicate content ax Mark has been talking about is starting to chop a bit harder.
stefan1601
Trust:
According to a recent cheerleading article by TechCrunch, content farms indeed include websites that post any duplicate content word-for-word

Well, it seems blog networks are still safe for now

This topic was started on Jan 24, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.