Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Google's Algorithm Update - Affects SEO

PremiumMember
cdidcott
Trust:

Google's Algorithm Update - Affects SEO

There I was just getting a basic grasp of SEO techniques and Google announces a new algorithm update aka "Universal search model"

http://www.searchnewz.com/topstory/news ... pdate.html

According to John Reese it's going to make a major impact on SEO

Looks like a drop down the rankings is unavoidable until we find the way to please this new algorithm.

Colin
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Not a huge deal. Things are always changing on the internet.

The main principles will still apply, don't worry too much :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
cdidcott
Trust:
Yeah, I guess you're right.

But I think I'll start studying my video techniques.

On the positive side, with all the experience here at Affilorama, we have a better chance of staying ahead of the competition on this one. :D
PremiumMember
cdidcott
Trust:
I wonder how Google will deal with the unscrupulous people that will put up crappy videos, only to name them exactly what the search engines want to hear.

Unless there is some way for a web spider to confirm a video is what it says it is, I think Google are giving themselves a big headache.

What do you think?
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
cdidcott wrote:I wonder how Google will deal with the unscrupulous people that will put up crappy videos, only to name them exactly what the search engines want to hear.

Unless there is some way for a web spider to confirm a video is what it says it is, I think Google are giving themselves a big headache.

What do you think?

It will be a never ending circle.

Google --- > People That Spam It

etc....
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Google are pretty smart, I'm sure they can measure what portion of people search for images, videos or webpages for certain keywords.

Thinking about how they go about things makes my head go funny. Kinda like when you study quantum physics :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world