Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Google results

green6771
Trust:

Google results

Hi there Guys,

I'm interested in what you make of this. I am on page 1 for my keyword when I look at my usual Google results. However, when I look at Google USA, I'm nowhere to be seen. Any thoughts as to why this would be so and how to remedy it??

When using Traffic Travis to look at which keywords are easy or difficult to rank for, does it use Google USA or the local version??
Cheers,
Jesse
sonitin
Trust:
I think it might be because you have already clicked on your site thru the search results so Google has showing your personalized results. The way to get thru this is to clear cookies or use an entirely different computer without logging in your Google account. Btw, talking of Google cookies, Googles uses flash based cookies which are not simple to delete. If you are using firefox then you need to use a plugin called BetterPrivacy to remove them.

Btw, this is only one of the possible reasons, there might be other reasons. As far as traffic travis is concerned, if it is not using proxy then it must be using Google local. I personally don't use it as its too basic for any useful analysis.
Last edited by sonitin on 21 Jul 10 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

faradina
Trust:
On Traffic Travis SEO Analysis, which is the module that tells you how easy or difficult it is to rank for a certain SEO phrase, you have the option to select the search location and the results that it brings up will be for the particular search location that you selected.
jcdean
Trust:
sonitin wrote:I think it might be because you have already clicked on your site thru the search results so Google has showing your personalized results. The way to get thru this is to clear cookies or use an entirely different computer without logging in your Google account. Btw, talking of Google cookies, Googles uses flash based cookies which are not simple to delete. If you are using firefox then you need to use a plugin called BetterPrivacy to remove them.

Btw, this is only one of the possible reasons, there might be other reasons. As far as traffic travis is concerned, if it is not using proxy then it must be using Google local. I personally don't use it as its too basic for any useful analysis.

There is a way to turn off this fueture on google. I found it after some searching but don't remember where.
Respect,
JC Dean

kjhosein
Trust:
There's another probable reason:
Google generates search results based on multiple factors including where you are. They are highly dynamic. I discovered this accidentally while on the phone helping someone and assuming that they saw the same SERPs I did in the same order. They didn't!

(I am in California, they were in Florida.) What's funny is that the search query really wasn't geo-dependent. Go figure.

Another reason:
The client you use is a factor. I notice that results in my browser is different from the ones I get from some automated tool that tracks my SERP rankings. Of course, those clients present themselves to web servers with different agent types, which is how Google can distinguish. Don't know if they're doing it (varying the SERPs) on purpose or not.

Cheers!
green6771
Trust:
Thanks guys. Appreciate that. Kjhosein, what do you mean by which client I use. Do you mean which browser I'm using?? If so, I'm using Firefox. I have noticed differences between IE and Firefox but these are relatively minor. The big difference is between the ranking I get on Google Australia (1 or 6 depending on Firefox or IE) versus nowhere when I search on Google.com. I wouldn't mind so much except most of the traffic comes from areas other than local!

Interesting and frustrating..

Any thoughts are most welcome! What does Mark think?!
Thanks again guys...
kjhosein
Trust:
Hi Jesse - client can mean more than just web browsers. There are programs and pieces of software than can function as web browsers to go out and pull down web pages in an automated fashion.

Why? Here are a couple of uses:
1. you want an application that goes to a website, crawls it and downloads some or all of the site so you can browse it later offline (without an Internet connection).
2. you have an SEO application that regularly checks Google/Bing/etc to see what your search engine ranking is for given keywords.

Unfortunately, in example #2, if the SEO application isn't 'fibbing' to the search engine and saying it's Firefox/Chrome/etc, but that it's another automated program, then the search engine may decide to give it different results than it would give to a human. Also, there are more subtle ways for the search engine to determine whether it's a standard browser or an automated program. (You can do a query for 'fingerprinting' for more info.)

Of course, I don't work for a search engine, so I don't know for a fact what they do. However, I do know from my own experiences (and you've seen similar trends) that you don't get consistent search results.

Hope this helps!

_Khalid
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I have also done a search and a few minutes later done the same search and gotten differing results. there are many factors at play here and the only ones that know them work for Google.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

joelb05
Trust:
lam losing a lot of money .affilorama said me l will find a lot of money but affilorana only take my money and l only losing my money
http//.www.joelb05.com

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Joel, what have you done? affilorama will help you make money. i am proof of that, but you have to follow the training and use the tools or it wont do you any good.

What is stopping you from succeeding? how can we help, short of doing the work for you? there are people here who will help you make money, but it is still up to you to do the work it takes, and ask questions if you don't understand.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

This topic was started on Jul 21, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.