Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Google on 2nd page but not submitted to google..

saggse
Trust:

Google on 2nd page but not submitted to google..

Good day all.... This is my first post and I am quite a new-b all round so I could be asking questions that seem dim but that is not the issue for without my asking I am not learning and I like learning like you...

My site which is webtowns.info is up on google on the 2nd page as in the results listed here:-
Number 1 on Page 2 of about 473,000 results (0.09 seconds)

The keyword search was webtowns info

Is this expected? How as this site was only put on the web less than six weeks ago and still being built? What can I do to improve it?

Any advice would be most welcome....

Thank you

Jason
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
best way to improve your rankings will be to build links to it. also a new site will go through the google dance. it will rank highly for a few days then disapeare for days or weeks, then pop back up again. this can take 3-6 months to stabilize. Once you get at least 5-10 pages up on the site, start building links and that will help the rankings. .
you may struggle with seo. google doesn't like .info domains because a lot of the spammers use them you can get them ranking but it usually takes a bit more work to do.

also, that is not a very good keyword to try to rank for anyway. no searches for it so its wasted time. its okay for a brandable domain, but you will need to pick a keyword that people actually search for to find information on your niche.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

meenukapoor
Trust:
the best way to increase thelink start off page work on high PR

links removed by moderator
joshuas
Trust:
@meenukapoor dude, a friendly warning that you're gonna get banned for link spamming it you keep this up. The proper place to put promotional links are in your signature and links within your post should be relevant to the thread or your reply.

google doesn't like .info domains because a lot of the spammers use them you can get them ranking but it usually takes a bit more work to do.

I've heard this before as well and just want to add that I HAVE gotten good results with .info despite the bad rep this extension has gotten. In fact, I have one site that's been ranking #1 for about 5 months now so it definitely is possible. BUT I need to also add that it depends on factors like competition...

I have another .info site I'm building links to right now and it's ranking well at #5 in Google at the moment. The .net and .org extensions for the same domain name are ranking above it at the moment but I think it's largely because they had the site up longer and so they have a head start on me in terms of links (they have about 100 more compared to mine). I do plan to topple them eventually though. Hehe. Good thing about seeing affiliate site ranking above you is that you know you can beat them eventually if you work at it unlike authority sites like Wikipedia or huge review sites like CNET. ;)

Just giving my 2 cents opinion,
Joshua
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
hey josh, I have used them and gotten them ranking myself it just took a lot more work to do than a .com domain.,
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

rankwarrior
Trust:
if your keywords are in your domain it often helps you greatly.

This topic was started on Mar 18, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.