Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Google changes Algorithm again,

jcdean
Trust:

Google changes Algorithm again,

This is an important post on the Google official blog.

Thought every one should read it.

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/finding-more-high-quality-sites-in.html

Good news for some, bad news for others.
Respect,
JC Dean

aveya marketing
Trust:
Most of it makes sense apart from this part::
If you take the top several dozen or so most-blocked domains from the Chrome extension, then this algorithmic change addresses 84% of them, which is strong independent confirmation of the user benefits..
Can someone explain?

Also Will this affect affiliates that put up good quality content on there blogs but not necessarily updating it?

Dean thanks for the update.
Darren
kdruhl
Trust:
It makes perfect sense, because it shows that 84% of the sites that users are blocking are low quality, scraping and auto-blogging sites. If you publish original content, you should be rewarded. A thought on not updating your blog often: Consider converting your blog into a regular, static site. With this, your chances of ranking higher increase over time, as your content is syndicated. You can still have RSS feeds etc through PHP scripts. I am doing this successfully at one of my sites, which I haven't updated for a year.
jcdean
Trust:
aveya marketing wrote:Most of it makes sense apart from this part::
If you take the top several dozen or so most-blocked domains from the Chrome extension, then this algorithmic change addresses 84% of them, which is strong independent confirmation of the user benefits..
Can someone explain?

Also Will this affect affiliates that put up good quality content on there blogs but not necessarily updating it?

Dean thanks for the update.
Darren

I think this mean there changes were confirmed as being worth while by google chrome and not as a result google chrome.
Respect,
JC Dean

aveya marketing
Trust:
Thanks for the swift update.
esolutions
Trust:
That's more great news from Google. If you are putting in the quality, the positive results will come. Trying to find exploits and turn them into a long term business, not gonna happen.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

kamj79
Trust:
Has anyone notice any changes to their website rankings? Hubpages and ChaCha have reported that they have had a decrease in traffic since Thursday both sites which offer original content.

Would be interested to know if anyone here has seen a change in where you rank, if you have gone up or down or if you have noticed a change in traffic.?
mrehan
Trust:
What about writing an article, spinning and submitting to AMA and SEO linkvine . Will these not have any effect now?
keithdhd
Trust:
Yes I've seen my keyword rankings drop dramatically from 1st page to somewhere round about 10th page since Friday.

I hope Google doesn't think my site is a content farm. I'm using the usual link building stuff - AMA, directory submissions and web 2 pages.

Hope it doesn't last!
stf86
Trust:
mrehan wrote:What about writing an article, spinning and submitting to AMA and SEO linkvine . Will these not have any effect now?

How long have you been using SEO LinkVine ?

I believe its not worth using it. I used it for more than a month and didnt see any results . I found some of my articles on some blogs and they are all crap. I stopped using that service. It sucks big time!
faradina
Trust:
Google is really stepping up its campaign for high quality web pages, so it behooves us to make sure that is what we have on our web sites, otherwise we will find it very hard to have any sort of ranking for our pages.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
A lot of people see these changes and give up because they lose their rankings. we can take advantage of this by being persistent and continuing to focus on high quality content sites for links.

I have seen a drop in my Hubpages traffic too, and I use them quite a bit. Sites come and go in popularity, which is why it is best not to rely on any one source of traffic as you go about your link building.

I have personally seen a jump in a lot of my rankings although some have gone up and some have gone down.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

chris72
Trust:
Even Ezinearticles has been slapped by this one - shock horror!

But then look at their pages - 250-500 word articles, little valuable information, a non-user friendly interface and a tonne of ads.

I would be interested in the SEOLinkvine/AMA impact, surely the vast majority of their sites and blogs are the very content farms that Google are trying to block?
Kick-Butt Writing Services http://rachaelmcnaught.com

Outstanding Quality PLR Packs http://niche-plr-products.com

Learn to be a Digital Writer http://thedigitalwriter.net/

keithdhd
Trust:
There's an interesting list of 25 big sites that have been affected.

Ezinearticles is up there at the top.

http://www.sistrix.com/blog/985-google- ... ality.html
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
its all about the value and quality of the content on the sites. also, it is on a kw and page basis. in other words, pages that had good quality content on these content sites arent being affected as much as the spun, short valueless crap that most people are calling articles.

Once again, high quality content will bring you good results. poor content will get you slapped down. pay attention, and set high standards for yourself and you wont have anything to worry about. lower your standards to junk, and you will struggle to make your sites work. with less effort.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started

jpastorizo
Trust:
jmpruitt wrote:its all about the value and quality of the content on the sites. also, it is on a kw and page basis. in other words, pages that had good quality content on these content sites arent being affected as much as the spun, short valueless crap that most people are calling articles.

Once again, high quality content will bring you good results. poor content will get you slapped down. pay attention, and set high standards for yourself and you wont have anything to worry about. lower your standards to junk, and you will struggle to make your sites work. with less effort.

Amen to that James!
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

billj
Trust:
Once again Google is making it loud and clear that high quality content will rule regardless of who you are. If you are using hundreds of fly-by-night writers to get content to your many blogs and build backlinks this change may seriously affect you.
esolutions
Trust:
Though tempting (because it seems like you can get so much done for so little money and effort), I've never hired cheap writers nor have published crap content.

My rankings after the update have only increased!
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
esolutions wrote:Though tempting (because it seems like you can get so much done for so little money and effort), I've never hired cheap writers nor have published crap content.

That's great, esolutions! :)

Search engine land listed the top gainers and losers since the algorithm change. You could go to this page if you're interested: Number Crunchers: Who Lost In Google’s “Farmer” Algorithm Change?
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

stefan1601
Trust:
esolutions wrote:Though tempting (because it seems like you can get so much done for so little money and effort), I've never hired cheap writers nor have published crap content.

Well, you should remember too that price isn't equal to quality. I know several Philippines writers that can write a lot better than all those overpriced indian/pakistan/UK/US writers on Elance for lower rate
kamj79
Trust:
The various article sites that have been hit with the changes.

How does that then affect anyone with backlinks from articles to their website/blogs?

Does this also then affect how google rates the backlinks?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
hey Kam, actually, it does lower the value of the links you get from these content farms, but you can still get good rankings using them for now. just dont expect that content to get ranking highly itself.

kamj79
Trust:
Thanks James, I don't have any content on them at the moment but was thinking about using them. Will just need to be careful on which sites to use.
luckylook3
Trust:
so unique content is still the king :)
alexm
Trust:
OK. Will anybody be so kind and tell us in few simple words, how all of this will affect what we have learned from affilojetpack about our off page SEO? Should we change something in our strategies, or ... ? Article marketing, directory submissions, forum and blog commenting.. What is still valid, should we change anything? Will there be any updates about this matter from Affilorama?

Thanks for your answers!

Alex
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Hey alexm, so far by following the training here, i have seen my rankings go up, so it is still valid. most of what was affected was the high rankings articles on directories like eza that were ranking simply on their authority and not the quality of the content. links from these sits are still valuable, although it may take more of them than it did in the past.

alexm
Trust:
Thank you James for your answer!

From your mouth, all things sounds much more reassuring! :)

Keep the good job going on!

Kind regards,

Alex
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Yes, websites that have quality content are getting an increase in traffic and higher rankings because of the algorithm change. Affilorama's programs always recommend that you should provide quality content to build your site up into an authority site. High quality and unique content will not be ignored by search engines.

One of the staff (Fara) has posted an effective rewriting and spinning technique to make your articles unique for submission to directories: About Rewriting and Spinning Articles

Michelle
Customer Support

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

alexm
Trust:
Thanks Michelle for your answer and extra info!

Kind regards,

Alex
har444har
Trust:
Hi, All.

Although I have not followed in complete the meaning of this rich talk on this page, but you all maestros can make out something from the fact that my poor site www.akitadogtraining.com which was on 65th page(almost on the last pages) for many weeks has suddenly jumped (without doing anything) to 14th page in google search searching for 'akita dog training'. I cannot understand how this miracle has happened.

Har.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
That's great! Congratulations, Har :) You must have written a very good and useful article so Google recognized it as quality content and moved your page up in ranking. Keep building backlinks and I'm sure you'll get to the first page.
Michelle
Customer Support

har444har
Trust:
Hi, michellerana.
My English is very poor. If here articles matter then the credit goes to the affilorama because I simply rewrote the articles provided me with the affilo package.
Har
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
this is one thing that happens a lot, I have had sites that failed to rank at all, left them alone for several months then suddenly they jumped. one factor that a lot of people ignore is that google pays attention to the age of a site. with a new site, it will take longer and more work to rank.

often, I will set up a new site, build links to each page on the site, then leave it alone for a few months to let it age. then after a few months, i go back and look at rankings and start link building to each page.

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Guys,
Just found this article about Panda update.
It is quite good.
http://www.wordtracker.com/academy/google-panda-farmer

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

mark schaaf
Trust:
You know it would be good if it really worked, but google says it wants the most relevant answers to come up but if I want accurate listings to come up I use yahoo. I have looked at many things on google and don't understand how things get there. Since my site is an italian travel site I often go into google search to see where I am in regards to search results and find so many things that don't have anything to do with travel. I have found very many italian cooking sites in the top 20 pages of an italian travel keyword search. Often I will check out the site to see if it has a travel reference to it and there is none it is totally a cooking site. there is also a site that is an italian travel suite site again nothing to do what so ever with travel, no articles on traveling or planning or hotels nothing. I know Google is the top dog on the internet but I have no confidence in them being able to provide me with relevant search results and if you check them out real close you will see the same thing I do.
Mark

wollowra
Trust:
Let's hope Google can iron out the kinks in their latest algo update.

http://www.webpronews.com/google-panda- ... le-2011-03
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

cyuen025
Trust:
I think this is actually a good change, as it will filter out all the bad sites out there (and I have seen many bad ones). I have also seen almost all of the pages on my AJP site go up in rankings recently, so I'm quite happy about that. It should make sense that the amount of work that you put into your content pays off in the long run. I stand by the concept of writing good quality content, even if it takes a bit longer, because I know it can only be beneficial in the long term.

The only thing I'm a bit worried about is SEO, specifically getting effective backlinks. I'm not sure if old methods like spinning and mass submissions will still work as well anymore. They sure make it sound like they will be less effective now, but who knows.

This topic was started on Feb 25, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.