Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Getting Articles and Blogs Indexed and on 1st Page

PremiumMember
shalisha42
Trust:

Getting Articles and Blogs Indexed and on 1st Page

Hi! I like article marketing as my method of generating revenue. I was wondering, I am able to get my articles and blogs indexed quickly. Alot of the times the keywords I use end up on the first or second page of google without using quotes. Sometimes though, I find that the keywords I use without quotes are nowhere to be found, but if I put it in quotes, they show on the first page.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
Warm Regards,

Shalisha

xenopus
Trust:
erhm.. In my layman's opinion purely based on logic, I'd say that wasn't good. I mean, who uses quotes when they search for something in google?? I never do. I think 90% of the ppl browsing the web have no idea that they could use quotes nor do they have a clue as what the meaning of using quotes is.

If you look for something , you go to Google and just type in the words. Without quotes.

At least that's how I use google. :)
For a sceptical view on things:

PremiumMember
shalisha42
Trust:
That's what I thought. Thanks.
Warm Regards,

Shalisha

PremiumMember
chrisgoddard
Trust:
I would have to disagree - respectfully of course :)

I think that more and more people are going to be learning to use the advanced options on Google. It's getting harder and harder to find anything without them. While it might be just the advanced users using them at the moment, they will become more common. It depends who you're targeting aswell - is your target market likely to know how to do advanced searches and will they likely do that for that term. If it's a keyword that without quotes gets a lot of different results in different topics, then phrase matching is more likely. You have to try and think like your customer - how are they going to find your site?

That being said, you are always more likely to find the stuff you write when you do quote searches - simply because you're searching for the wording you've used.

This is where keyword research is so important. If you're wanting to target a particular keyword, then you need to research the kind of competition that keyword has. Traffic Travis has heaps of great tools for doing this.

This topic was started on Jun 19, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.