Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Frustrating problem when posting comments on blogs

PremiumMember
gibowetz
Trust:

Frustrating problem when posting comments on blogs

Hi Everyone,

Nine times out of ten, when I post a comment on a blog (often comment luv blogs) when I click on SUBMIT, my comment does not show up and totally disappears.

Is it a setting on my computer that is out of wack or...?

Thank you in advance!
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
My experience has been that many moderate their comments, so maybe yours are just awaiting moderation. Check back in a few days to see if yours went through.

Also, particularly with these moderated blogs, try to add comments that add to the discussion. It's okay to agree with what was said in the post, but give a reason, maybe even an example, of why you agree. Try to avoid single line comments like "Great post!" without saying anything else. You're much more likely to get your comments through.

Just a couple of ideas why yours might not be coming through.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

PremiumMember
gibowetz
Trust:
Hi Grady,

You were spot on, seems like they don't show because the comments are moderated for approval. I have been leaving quality comments, sometimes small paragraphs.

What do you think about leaving comments on totally unrelated blogs? For example I left a comment on a cooking website, which really interests me, and my site is about marriages. The comment was approved so it's all good right?

I find that SO many of the blogs related to my niche are rubbish...hence why I went searching for better sites.

Thanks again.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
this is fine and very common. the comment needs to be relevant to the blog, but I do try to find blogs that are somewhat relevant so that i may siphon off some of the traffic, like link to a post that can somehow relate. for example, post on a cooking blog and link to a post on your site about dinner ideas for a romantic date
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

This topic was started on Sep 14, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.