Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Free Visual Optimization

PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:

Free Visual Optimization

Think of it as 'Visual SEO". Optimizing the visual aspects of your website may boost your sales efforts, since many common visual problems can lower the quality of your visitor's experience or confuse them about your offer.

As many of you know, I'm a digital fine artist and consider myself an expert on Visual Communication - with 2 extensive ebooks published on that topic.

Now I've just published a free PDF 'Web Page Visual Checklist'. Use the 32 items in my Checklist to find and fix visual issues that might be limiting your website success.

Web page Visual Checklist

Hope this helps...
_jim coe
Site Admin
maryt
Trust:
This is wonderful Jim Coe. I must agree that visualization is also equally important as SEO. I personally do not stay on sites that has that old layout- plain colors, messy homepage, small texts, and so on. I always think that these sites are outdated even though I have not really read its content.

I believe that there are also tons of people who think the same way. :)

Mary
Not sure which Affilorama tool you need? Take the quiz! https://www.affilorama.com/redirect/quiz

Web: https://www.affilorama.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/affilorama
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~Sidhhartha Guatama

PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
Thanks Mary!

I'm working on a series of freebies to attract traffic and build relationships. Next one is on website color schemes. Of course it won't hurt if these freebies also increase the sales of my 'Visual Marketing Online' ebook :o)
iandille101
Trust:
Any business will not be successful without considering freebies for traffic and establish business networks. This could be realized easily through an attractive web page for your business. It may not be that easy, but once you made it through you it will turn-out to be very rewarding.
PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
Yes, iandille101, I think that's very true.

I also did something else. Used to be that I used freebies as a reward or bonus (an "incentive") for a desired action on the part of visitors, like signing up for my mail list. But as I study the principles of Social Psychology, I find that this is not so good. It establishes a "quid-pro-quo" in the mind of the visitor -a transaction.

Transactions are voluntary and easy to turn down. There is no social force that says we have to complete a buy or barter offer.

Now I'm making all my freebies totally free, "no strings attached". In this way, I'm giving something away and asking for absolutely nothing in return. I think this should invoke the Social Psychology principle of Reciprocity. That is, the recipient feels obliged to me because I've provided value and asked for nothing in return. There is considerable social pressure for the visitor to do something for me to "return the favor".

If they do not, there is a social threat (at least to their self image), in that they want to avoid thinking of themselves, or being thought of as a "parasite", "moocher", "free loader", etc.

Because social reciprocity has helped societies to survive through thousands of years, by cooperation between individuals, it is a strong force, with strong censures. My experience on another site, where I have many freebies, is that this decoupling of freebies from any offer will lead to more traffic (everybody likes freebies), more mail list signups and possibly more info product sales than if the same freebies were used as incentives.

I like being a "good guy" by providing real value. And if that coincides with a Social Psychology marketing power play, by "pushing people's buttons", I guess that's OK too - even if not so altruistic.

Hope this helps...
_jim coe
tom.diane76
Trust:
This is very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
I've been visually optimizing my sites for the last 4 months and the results can be seen.
Let's say that my conversion got better in at least a 10% which for the niche I am working with it's a lot (gambling)
Thanks again for the good share! :)
Earning 22k monthly!

PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
Hey - thanks very much for the feedback, much appreciated!
PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
Very sorry folks - my download page has been inaccessible for some time.
Fixed now.

I've also added 2 more freebies, so now:
1 - Web page Visual Checklist
2 - Color Schemes Guide (30 color scheme diagrams, example pages, etc.)
4. Light and Color tutorial (excerpts from my 2 eBooks on Visual Communication)

Cheers!
_jim coe

This topic was started on Jan 31, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.