Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Estimated Time for Links to get noticed?

heavysm
Trust:

Estimated Time for Links to get noticed?

I know I have a little over 30 quality links to my site now, all of which are indexed by google. I know they are indexed by google because the exact site url where my article/link is is indexed. My question is about how long does it ultimately take for them to get noticed for such a tool as yahoo site explorer or similar? I was thinking about a month or so, but I prefer to get this time frame from people who have actually gotten their links. Its difficult and a bit frustrating to know that my links are there, just not necessarily engaged to directly help me yet.
kajm
Trust:
If you use Google's webmaster tools it will tell you all the links you have coming into your site, even links it doesn't return if you do a search.
faradina
Trust:
Search engines do not really tell you that they already know about backlinks to your site, specially if it's google that we are talking about. Yahoo shows more, but does not really show all of them. It is indeed a bit frustrating not to be able to see your backlinks in search, but we can't really tell search engines to show them all to us. But as long as the backlinks are in place, rest assured that those are helping the rankings of your pages.
unit
Trust:
Hello heavy,
I am having the same problem with links, I know or at least I think they are there but nothing shows up when I search for them. How do you tell if it was a sucessful link?
Discover the inside secrets of winning the lottery at www.masterluck.com

heavysm
Trust:
For the submission service i now have they give an option where it does a google search for a sentence of my article. if it shows up in google, its indexed. If i get "nothing found for error" with multiple results i know it is not yet indexed. I also check by using yahoo site explorer. So far that has been pretty reliable.
robinjackman
Trust:
google webmaster tool is the best tool for checking incoming links which are coming to your website.
chrislee552003
Trust:
Will Blogs and Forums give you a quicker result on Google searches than directory listing?
i know page rank is important
Chris
Owner Cel Financial Services CTEC Tax Preparer
Registered Bonded California
Please visit my website for all your Fillmore Income Tax needs.
https://incometaxprepfillmore.com/

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Most forums and blogs are nofollow so your links will not be counted as backlinks. However, leaving a comment will still provide exposure to your site and drive traffic. It is also helpful in creating networks with other bloggers.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

This topic was started on Oct 19, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.