Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Duplicate Video Content

dahlgreninc
Trust:

Duplicate Video Content

Didn't find any answers on this Forum.

I'm going to implement Video tutorials to my SEO campaign and i have a question related to this topic.

Is there such a thing as duplicate Video Content?
I don't think there is, but would be nice to get your professional opinion.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
No, you wont be penalized for duplicate content if you used videos from other sites.

You might want to read Mark's comment on this thread: Will I get a duplicate content penalty for embedded video?.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

ksydelko
Trust:
What about duplicate video content if your company has a YouTube page, and a sister company changes the intro to your video but uses the main video guts to post on YouTube. Would there be penalties, and could penalties not occur if the text associated with the video for each posting were different?
fatherhnds
Trust:
The Department of energy has put a video on youtube, and I want to use this video. Since its government and to the public would I need to get permission?
Jimmy

This topic was started on May 09, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.