Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Does Google Slaps you only in PPC? or also in any webpage?

angelnewsletters
Trust:

Does Google Slaps you only in PPC? or also in any webpage?

Hi, well that´s my question, i just finished a coupple days ago a lesson about Google Slap, and as i understood it is so when you are on PPC, but if i have a regular website, can i get slapped by google and get down on my rank or positioning in the SERP´s (in case there would exist so, wich in my case doesn´t), is just a question i was wondering myself.

and also, is there any way you can slap google once?
just kidding
thansk for your support.
tankctrlr
Trust:
Yup Scroogle can 'slap' your webpages down too, with something called a manual review, which is when a real human reviews your website.

They also rely on their algorithm which filters out the low quality pages and replaces them with high quality pages, with over 200+ factors, at least that's how it's supposed to work.

how search works:
http://www.google.com/insidesearch/hows ... index.html

The way to 'slap' google is to not put all your traffic streams into one basket, you should get traffic from all sorts of different ways not just search engines. (Or you can start using Bing: http://www.bing.com/explore/rewards )

If you follow what Affilorama teaches you should become 'slap' proof!
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

angelnewsletters
Trust:
LOL, Slap Proof that´s great, I new google could do that, thanks for the link to the article, very helpfull, i,m planning to stay around at affilorama for a long while.

Just another question, How do i know if im being slapped by goolge in my website? i´m no doing anything PPC or anything else, but i can´t get ANY trafic at all, i´m really started to get worry about it. i already post it in another post this is the URL: seo/good-site-and-no-visits-why-t24643.html

hope somebody can help me at this, you don´t even know how i feel about this, i left the template alone for about 6 MONTHS!!!!!! with no more than IPSUM articles, and i got PR 2, now that i have perform it i have NOTHING, its like a curse
Thanks for your support.
tankctrlr
Trust:
Hmm six months static site with lorem ipsum text might have caused the search engines to believe your site is not worth looking at, until you get activity to it again.

I'm not a SEO recovery expert however, so I always shy away from calling a site 'penalised' or when to start over because of something, but if you've been getting links and adding content and doing what it takes to rank a page and it still doesn't rank even on page 50+, then somethings wrong.

I did a search for your title "Comunidad de Viajes en internet - VyT", and your site came up, so technically that's a keyword your site is ranking for, also "5 cosas que no debes olvidar cuando sales de viaje", so you might just need to try some long tail keywords, ones that are easier to rank for? (BTW, I did the search on google English, I'm in the U.S.)

But again I'm not a pro at SEO site auditing. Actually I hate SEO lol
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

angelnewsletters
Trust:
Thanks for your feedback, actually i have several pages ranked in places 5,8,20,22 at goolge, even that, i get no traffic at all, 9 visits a day, and i think of that 9 visits about 7 are mine, this is kind of creep, site doesn´t looks that bad at all, and it has unique content, but i have not backlinks, only a few, some of them are 2,3 and i have a 5 PR Follow , and goolge does not recognize it, i should have at least a 3 PR, but Nothing.

Thanks and i´ll keep trying until i rise to 5 PR at least , i will not take anything lower that that :)
jonathanjarvis60
Trust:
I got slapped last year - I had a 3 page ebook sign up on page 3 of google. Thought I would use a few PPC to generate a bit of traffic.

After 3 days I got an email from Google adwords telling me off. Thought I would completely redo the site and put lots of unique articles on it. It did no good I've never been able to see the site again in the serps.

Is there any way to recover from this or shall I just not renew the domain registration and write it off to experience. If I do can I use the articles again?

This topic was started on Jun 08, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.