Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Do search engines pick up sub-domains as individual sites?

spirit23
Trust:

Do search engines pick up sub-domains as individual sites?

Hey guys!

As I'm quite new to creating an adsense content site aimed at affiliate marketing, I've got a two questions with regard what I think is the most important decision: choosing a profitable market.

1. I want to create sites surrounding medical disease. I heard Mark say in a video, that the longer a site has been around, the greater its chance of getting higher up in the ranks. So... he suggested to buy many domain names and link the sites up as soon as possible, just to make sure you make use of the time...

The problem is, I want to make quite a lot of sites, and have a potential to make alot of site names... but this would be quite expensive, then I had an idea, of buying a single or a few domain names, and make MANY SUB-DOMAINS...

What I'm worried about, is whether the search engines will take the sub domains as single sites (which is what i want), or as separate sites (I'm guessing the former)... so what should I do?

2. Some of the sites I'm competing with have been around for close to 2+ years now- does this mean that the sites that I put up now will have to be around for this long to get up there in the rankings with them?

Thanks so much guys !!! Hope you're all doing well...

Asanka.
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
spirit23 wrote:1. I want to create sites surrounding medical disease. I heard Mark say in a video, that the longer a site has been around, the greater its chance of getting higher up in the ranks. So... he suggested to buy many domain names and link the sites up as soon as possible, just to make sure you make use of the time...

Hi Asanka,

hmmm... I may have missed that but what I heard is... once you've selected your theme buy your domain (singular) and put up a quick page and get a link to it. If I'm wrong I apologize but I think you're putting the cart before the horse. As I understand it, the idea is to get started by building and promoting one quality site in the 90 day plan.

Anyone else?

PC
spirit23
Trust:
I do understand that the 90 day map is meant for 1 unique quality site PC...

What I meant was buying all the other domain names that you may need for future adsense content site creation, and to just get those listed so that they can spend some time on the google network... which in the long run would make it easier to rank them once you start optimising them... 1 site at a time....

Get what I'm saying?
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Sub domains are part of the main domain = same thing.

Sure you can rank different pages but it's still the same domain.

Focus on 1 site first. I think you are too ready to get everything going at once.... use some cash from your first site to fund your others. It will help you manage the money better.

No your site does not have to be around 2 years. Mine outranks sites that have been around for six.

Adrian,