Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Do SE spiders crawl the HTML or the plain text on WordPress?

csheridan
Trust:

Do SE spiders crawl the HTML or the plain text on WordPress?

Hi,

I'm a newbie, building my site with WordPress. I'm doing week 5, trying to optimize on page SEO. Here's my question: Do SE spiders crawl the HTML or the plain text? I'm asking because in HTML mode, I notice that the HTML for my monetization graphic pushes the article text down, so my keyword doesn't always appear in the first 50 words.

Thanks
Chris
faradina
Trust:
I would not worry about the graphic code pushing down your keyword as long as your page has at least an A rating in Traffic Travis for that keyword. One trick to make your keyword appear in the first 50 words no matter how you cut it is to also incorporate the keyword into your graphic, either as alternate text or as caption.

For a better understanding of how search engines crawl web pages, you can go to http://computer.howstuffworks.com/search-engine1.htm
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Google spiders crawl the plain text of the HTML page. It wouldn't matter if your article is pushed down since these crawlers do not read spaces and common words such as "a" and "the. These web spiders read only significant words on your web pages (based on position, frequency of use, etc.) and index them. The indexed words are designated to a specific url and stored in the Google search engine enabling them to point the browser to the URL when the keywords are typed in.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

csheridan
Trust:
OK, thanks! I added the keywords in my graphics as you said in the first post. I've got good grades at Traffic Travis and your second post makes me think I'm in good shape for the spiders after all. :-}

This topic was started on Oct 08, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.