Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Can you build links too fast ?

burkhardt5
Trust:

Can you build links too fast ?

I have just read an article about the google sandbox. It says that google may remove your site if it sees too many backlinks coming in too fast to a new site.My questions are, how old does a site have to be for this not to happen? How many links per day,week,month is a good amount? Do classified ads count? Do multiple links on a classified site or any site count or do they just count as one? This may be a poor question but what is FTS? Is it a waste of time to have several articles on any given article site as far as backlinks are concerned,does only one of them count?
To everyones marketing success
Thanks
Paul J. Burkhardt
Paul J. Burkhardt

mack45
Trust:
I think if you start at a a slow pace and build your links up at a steady pace you can get a really high daily count with out penalty just as long as it is a steady pace that looks natural.
Pro at basic WP and keyword research willing to [email protected]

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
burkhardt5 wrote:I have just read an article about the google sandbox. It says that google may remove your site if it sees too many backlinks coming in too fast to a new site.My questions are, how old does a site have to be for this not to happen? How many links per day,week,month is a good amount? Do classified ads count? Do multiple links on a classified site or any site count or do they just count as one?

Sites that are a few months old are 'sandboxed' by Google to discourage spam sites. It would be best not to build your links too fast. A link everyday or 2 would appear natural to Google.

Most links from classified ads are nofollow or simply low quality. Using free ads to create backlinks to your site may be classified as spamming and are penalized by search engines.

burkhardt5 wrote: This may be a poor question but what is FTS? Is it a waste of time to have several articles on any given article site as far as backlinks are concerned, does only one of them count?

FTS - Free Traffic System is one of the techniques used in article marketing. You submit your articles, they spin them and publish them on blogs that are relevant to your article. You could check these threads for feedback on FTS: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthre ... ital+forum
http://www.warriorforum.com/plug-profit ... eware.html
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

carlmasure
Trust:
If we are building good quality content links, I would think that is a positive. If a site is "sand boxed" because of too much linking too fast, wouldn't competitors flood your site with tons of links so that you get the Google slap down and drop out of the rankings? But, I really don't know.

Carl
daddynanny
Trust:
What I do is create and post contents in any new site for at least a month before I start building links to it. I just let wordpress pinging features to do the initial backlink for that new site and then after, start building at 10-15 links per day. In three months, I'll ramp it up to 30 links per day and then slow down again to 10 links in the fourth month. It's a pain but that's how things work for me.
affilots
Trust:
This is interesting and explains why my relatively new site is not receiving any back links from Google. I submitted an article through a distribution service and checked Google seven hours later, and the article was in first place on the page. I could not believe it since it happened so fast. However, Google never gave me a back link from that article, and it must have been because my site was sand boxed. I have received two back links from Yahoo from the many possible back links I could have gotten, but none from Google. So I guess the best thing now is to stop promoting the site and let it age along with myself.

"So much wool in his head, it is child's play to pull it over his eyes."
jpastorizo
Trust:
There is no list of real reasons why the Google Sandbox happens. I dont believe it is by building links too fast. If you guys know Jason Katzenback, co-creator of Web2Mayhem you would learn that this is not the case. Case in point is the Web2Mayhem website itself (http://www.web2mayhem.com). Check it out and enter it in Yahoo Domain explorer. The backlinks is almost 60,000. Web2Mayhem was launched in Dec.15th but the domain was registered 2009-03-06 based in whois.sc. On average more than 5,000 links per month since the domain was registered. Now that is approximately 180 backlinks per day. Don't you think that's fast? =)

Super affiliates like Jason build links very aggressively and that is why they can get into the 1st page of the SERPs fast. I guess it depends on the strategies applied. If you have a very structured system, something that is sort of predictable in the way you build links then it might raise a red flag to Google. You have to link as randomly as possible (as taught by Andy Jenkins)
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

This topic was started on Feb 12, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.