Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Build Pages or Posts?

ams01
Trust:

Build Pages or Posts?

Is it best to build a blog site with 4 or 5 pages (and then add pots) or 1 page and then add posts?

I.E. is it easier to rank a post in Google rather than a page or does it not really matter.

I have previously on my first site built 4 pages and added posts.

Regards

Alan
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
It wouldn't make any difference if you used pages or post in terms of SEO. Both will be indexed by Google and have the same chance in ranking.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

ams01
Trust:
Thanks for that.

I didn't think it made any difference ranking one or the other, I guess it's just appearance, page buttons through the top (yes we can hide those as well) or the blogroll down the side. Obviously that will still be there because I will still add posts, I just it looks better to have page buttons when it's improtant to have four main pages, as per my new project.

As it's for my boss and not a competitive niche I'll let you guys have a look when it's done.

Alan
dave333
Trust:
In WP, it all depends on the theme you are using. Most of the time a lot of themes are setup with better on-page SEO for "posts" and little on-page SEO for "pages".

Run your posts/pages through Traffic Travis to check the on-page SEO, it will tell you where you need to make amendments.

Basically, as long as you ensure your keywords are optimized in the title, meta description, meta keywords, within the body appropriately etc. it would not matter if you are using posts or pages.
https://www.affilorama.com/forum/post69742.html#p69742 - Affilorama Services: SEOJuice - FREE SEO TRIAL ON NOW!

ams01
Trust:
Hi Dave

Yes thanks they all A+ on my current blog, if I do the same on my new one all should be good. I just feel that my new blog will be better for pages as well.

Thanks for your input

Alan

This topic was started on Nov 11, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.