Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Backlinks with search engines - why isn't my site on google?

davmontrose
Trust:

Backlinks with search engines - why isn't my site on google?

I was just wondering. I analyzed my site with Traffic Travis, to see what sort of backlinks are happening so far and what not. So a bunch of links show up using Yahoo, MSN, AltaVista, but when I try it alone with Google as the engine, nothing shows up. The strange thing is, when I type mysite in Google it come's up with about 8 or 9 of the pages, which I figured had meant that these pages had been indexed already.
Now does this just mean that Google used the other engines to give me those results, and Google itself hasn't picked up my site yet?

Thanx a lot, Davin
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
It takes time for the links to show in a backlink checker... just like PR... your new PR you see is actually what it was a couple months ago. Also, Google will never show you your true link count.

Adrian,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
For a quick indication of how many links you have www.marketleap.com has a great little tool. It shows you how many links you have from each search engine.

Something you'll notice is that all the site have fewer links from google than the other engines.

Is this because google only shows you the links that count? Is it purely random? I have absolutely no idea, it's beyond me.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

davmontrose
Trust:
Well thanks for the answers guys, I'm glad to know I wasn't losing my mind after all. hahaha, Thanx for the tool to Sean. Davin