maryt wrote:Tiered backlinking is still effective as long a Google considers backlinks as one of their ranking factors.
If you will do a tiered backlinking method, avoid building links from:
*foreign language sites
*low private network blogs
Then make sure that you:
*properly execute your onpage SEO
*make your backliks 'natural' to Google by:
- building diverse anchor texts by mixing keyword-rich anchors, LSI, anchors, generic anchors, link anchors, photo anchors, and no anchor
You can build links from:
*high PR free directories
*no follow blog comments (just to diversify your backlinks, making it look natural)
*related community sites and forum sites
*social media sites
*authority private network blogs
Yes a 301 redirect will help your site rank faster. Limit yourself to 2 redirects only. Try to find a domain that is related to your niche. Make sure that the redirect has no spammy links, high in PA/DA, is not de-indexed, and no over-optimized anchor texts.
As for the number of backlinks for a website, no I do not have a specified number of backlinks. What I usually do is to slowly build my links and then I track the site's ranking after a month of building just several backlinks to it. If my ranking is looking good, then I do another batch of backlinks... until I reach my goal, then that is the time I just stick to building fewer backlinks a month. But I never stop updating the website with new content every week.
And no, I do not only point my backlinks to the money site. What I usually do is to arrange my backlinks based from their 'quality'.
1. I start with low quality links (about 5 baclinks)
2. I backed them up with social signals (share their links on social media sites)
3. I then point these links to medium quality links (same 5 backlinks)
4. Backed up these links with social signals
5. Point the medium quality links to high quality links (5 backlinks)
6. Again, backed up these links with social signals
7. Then the high quality links point to the money site (both the high quality links and money site are backed up with social media signals)
The above strategy is based from what I did and it worked for me. I am not saying that this is the 'holy grail' of tiered backlinking but this tactic works for me well.
When it comes to about Tier links How many links we should build? As well you know Tier links are mostly web 2.00. And you have mentioned the methods to build links for tier 1, tier 2 or tier 3.
Should we build different web 2.00 for different keywords?
This topic was started on Aug 10, 2015 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.